Team Bennington

Electrical Specs - Look here first for schematics

99 posts in this topic

Sooo, I was checking out the schematic for the 4070 dual (distribution panel) and on the one side it shows power steering, radio amp 1, radio amp 2. So the question I have is are you guys running power cables from the distribution panel to each amp? Reason I ask is that on the tower model there is an amp for the 2 tower speakers, an amp for the inboard speakers and the AS-10 has a built in amp. Or are you running one thick gauge cable under the helm and putting a power distribution block under there? Also are you running a ground cable all the way back to the battery or is there a common ground under the helm? (don't want any hummmm! :) )

Thanks

The first amplifier harness is what we call a dual amp harness. This harness has a sonic splice at the helm so it can feed power to two amplifiers. On a non-tower boat, this is the only harness we run to power the sub and amp. If it's a tower boat, we run this harness along with a second amplifier harness to power all 3 amps.

Both amp harnesses have power and ground built into them and we run them directly to the power distribution panel, where they tie in with the ground from the battery. We have never had issues with humming on this set-up! :) TB

instead of pinning this, couldn't we just transfer it into the electrical specs thread that TB started before? Just a thought so we don't end up with 15 'pinned' topics down the road. But whichever.

instead of pinning this, couldn't we just transfer it into the electrical specs thread that TB started before? Just a thought so we don't end up with 15 'pinned' topics down the road. But whichever.

I can do that, I was just "pinning" spec threads, not threads with just conversations as the spec threads get buried in the pages.

All the ones pinned, have specs attached in the threads.

I can move all the "electrical" items into the thread you mentioned. Just trying to clean up and make it easier to narrow down where to look for info.

Hello All,

Can't stop playing with my 2009 2577RFI tritoon w\250 Yamaha, which the wife and I purchased 2 weeks ago. Retirement just got better  :)  

Don't know if this is still the thread to ask in but am looking for elec schematic for this model ?

Thanks

Hi all

I have a 2009 2050GL and have just experienced some electrical problems, e.g no juice to the engine starter. Does anyone have suggestions or electrical schematics?

Why on earth would an owners manual not have these schematics??   

Hope someone can help !!!   thanks in advance

me again..... i have power to the dash switches yet nothing to the radio. I have no power to the engine at all. Anyone have any thoughts???

Thanks.

For radio, verify your dash breaker is not tripped on the helm.

For engine

1. Is safety lanyard connected to key switch. If so pull it and reattach.

2. Verify throttle is in neutral.

3. Verify wires are connected tight on back of switch

Let's start there ......

thanks for the fast response. However, tried all of those and no joy. Also checked battery connections, battery charge and had a good look at all the wiring i could see. I did find a 10 amp fuse behind the dash, checked that and everything was fine.

What other fuses / breakers exist and where are they located?

There are also fuses on the engine under the cover. The radio should run off of the accessory switch and should have an inline fuse.

Did you verify with a multimeter there's no power at the switch, if so check at starter? We need to verify how far you have power, then we can try to narrow down the culprit.

As posted a few weeks back, I'm looking for schematics for 2009 2577RFI.

Until Team Bennington or someone else offers, if I purchase the service manual, would the schematics be in that book ?

These are great, It would be nice to see,,, Dual Battery option,Optional Power Distribution panel, and Subwoofer and amp hook up. (Any other add on's electrically speaking of course?)

Thanks

Joe R

You might want to use the search. I printed from TB the Electrical Schematic Dual Batt. W /distribution panel but can't remember the thread.

I have a 2007 2275 GL and am looking for the electrical schematices, can anyone help?

I have a 2007 2275 GL and am looking for the electrical schematices, can anyone help?

If you pm me your email I can copy the one I have for our 2007 2275 rl and send it to you.

I hope I havent' missed the answer to this somewhere else, but my searches have not helped.  Where is the Blue Seas 150 Distribution Panel located on the 22SSX?  I might be losing it but I looked all under the helm with a flashlight and in the privacy chaise where the battery is located and I cannot seem to spot it anywhere.  I am hoping it is just a simple oversight.  Thanks.

Figured out 22SS doesnt come with a distribution block so I am buying on and installing it myself.

I didn't think it did, but thanks for confirming. I'm about to install one of these myself. 

Saw the document was entitled 2010 S Series Electrical Schematics, so that's how I named it.

I am a new member and own a 2010 20SLI that  is having a voltage drop problem on switches causing al switches not to work.No horn,navigatrion lights , nothing, I am an electrician and tracing problem.Thankyou for posting the daigram.I hope I can solve this problem soon.

That's a warranty issue that your dealer should fix.

I have been in contact with dealer. I realize it is a warranty issue and the dealer should fix  but I have no trailer to deliver boat and they do not want to come to lake to look at problem but rather just take the boat back with them to dealership..I am on an island and winterize and have facilties to  store the boat here so I do not need a trailer. They could not give me a cost of taking the boat and then delivering it back.It is at least 120 miles round trip.Dealer  gave me little guidance as to what solution to problem may be.The dealer would profit greatly with delivery charges to me and warranty money.I had a warranty issue with a defective radio speaker right after delivery of the boat in 2010  and I got a replacement speaker and Installed it myself 4 months later at the end of the season  when I finally got  it from dealer.The radio quit playing CD's after 2 seasons as well but I am going to install a better quality  radio myself  and not go through the long wait for a replacement part  again,I do not want to lose my boat for a possiible 4 months waiting time for them to fix this voltage drop problem . If this was a mechanical problem with the motor or major boat repair I would not hesitate to let them take the boat  but it irks me to pay for something as an electriician I can fix myself.

1 person likes this

Certainly understandable. Did you get it fixed? What was the problem?