12 replies to this topic

#1 keithkz

keithkz

Commodore

• Members
  • 705 posts
  • LocationMichigan Center, MI

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

My boat came with that big portable coffee table/cooler. It looks beautiful but I cannot believe Bennington didn't put a water drain spout on it to drain the melted ice. Thus, I almost never even have it on my boat, instead using my own cooler. Has anyone ever created a drain spout on this? I'd sure like to do that for mine. Any ideas?

Keith
  • clilaonedia likes this

Keith - Michigan Center, Michigan
2005 2575 RL I/O Tritoon with Volvo Penta 5.7L Gi-E (280 HP) with Volvo Penta SX-M Sterndrive
Performance Package: 25-inch (3) toons (center storage), underdeck wave shield, lifting strakes, power steering
55 gallon fuel tank, Mini Galley, Coffee Table, Bow Seat, Garmin GPSmap 430s, Rockford Fosgate 400W amp
Prop: Quicksilver Thunderbolt 5004 15.5 x 17P: Max speed: 39.3mph (GPS) @ 4400 RPM's

#2 SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387

Commodore

• Moderators
  • 3,843 posts
  • LocationYork, Pa

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Maybe see if you can find a cheap cooler that has a removable spout that you could swap into yours ???

LOONEY TOONZ II
2011 2275RLi * Regatta Blue with Java/Blue Accent Interior * Sand Palm Carpet * Elevated Helm * Electric Anchor * LED's in Bimini * Stainless Rub Rail *
Garmin 100 * Led mood lighting * Yamaha 20 hp * Miles of Smiles

#3 TomS

TomS

Commodore

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationClear Lake IN

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

I also have that coffee table and it came with a soft side cooler inserted into it. I noticed no drains too and I decided maybe they intend for you to use that soft cooler rather than just dump ice and everything into the plastic compartment itself.

2013 2275 RCW Limited ESP, with lots of nice options

Merc Verado 250 Pro, Enertia 18p

Mid-America PT24T trailer

ShoreStation 6000# hydraulic lift

#4 cwag911

cwag911

Commodore

• Moderators
  • 2,678 posts
  • LocationLake Norman,NC

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Or you could freeze a bunch of water bottles or rinced milk jugs filled with water. It'll keep your stuff cold and no mess or having to empty the cooler.

Carl&Suzi
2007 2275rl 3log W/strakes
150 Honda 15x15 Enertia
power assisted steering
Lake Norman,NC
39.8mph/gps
Pleiku Vietnam 1971 Door Gunner

Livin' the dream.

gallery_1200_549_11248.jpg

#5 keithkz

keithkz

Commodore

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

Is that soft side cooler nice that comes with it? How much do they want for it? Is it big? Meaning, is it almost the same size of the inside of the main cooler?

2005 2575 RL I/O Tritoon with Volvo Penta 5.7L Gi-E (280 HP) with Volvo Penta SX-M Sterndrive
Performance Package: 25-inch (3) toons (center storage), underdeck wave shield, lifting strakes, power steering
55 gallon fuel tank, Mini Galley, Coffee Table, Bow Seat, Garmin GPSmap 430s, Rockford Fosgate 400W amp
Prop: Quicksilver Thunderbolt 5004 15.5 x 17P: Max speed: 39.3mph (GPS) @ 4400 RPM's

#6 TomS

TomS

Commodore

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationClear Lake IN

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Is that soft side cooler nice that comes with it? How much do they want for it? Is it big? Meaning, is it almost the same size of the inside of the main cooler?

It is nothing fancy nor very big and it fits loosely in there. That's why I was thinking the same thing you were about drilling the drain hole or just putting a hard cooler under the helm and not even use the one in the table. It's pouring down rain today, otherwise I'd be glad to take a picture for you.

2013 2275 RCW Limited ESP, with lots of nice options

Merc Verado 250 Pro, Enertia 18p

Mid-America PT24T trailer

ShoreStation 6000# hydraulic lift

#7 Jim_R

Jim_R

Commodore

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

I have the coffee table too, the large one with four cupholders, and mine came with a full sized cooler - but the cooler is one of the white Igloo Marine coolers that does not have a drain spout. Assuming you had a cooler that did have a drain spout, it would be relatively easy to find pvc tubing with an ID that would fit over the spout and drill a hole in the deck for the tubing to go through. The only thing is that the coffee table can be moved, or even removed. Holes in the deck, not so much. Perhaps a small deck plate would be the way to go here, so if you had a reason to run sans coffee table, it would not look to bad, or be a trip hazard.

An alternative might be a to use 'SuperSiphon'. Drains 5 gallons in just a few minutes.

2002 2275 RL, twin 25" tubes
2005 Mercury 115 EFI 4S
Mini-galley w/ electric pump

LED Perimeter lighting
Custom LED Mood lighting
RGB Cupholder LEDs

OEM Double Bimini
Sea-Legs

#8 keithkz

keithkz

Commodore

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

I didn't think about the SuperSiphon......I just bought one to use for fill my boat with gas cans this year....I suppose I could buy another one to keep on the boat for the cooler. Thanks for the idea.

#9 Team Bennington

Team Bennington

Commodore

• Administrators
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Coffee tables and refreshment tables are portable. The idea is that the interior cooler can be lifted in and out of the boat to be filled/emptied, and the table can move around the boat! We contacted various cooler vendors about a hard side cooler with drain, but apparently our volume is not large enough for a custom cooler from a company like Igloo! TB

#10 SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387

Commodore

• Moderators
  • 3,843 posts
  • LocationYork, Pa

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Coffee tables and refreshment tables are portable. The idea is that the interior cooler can be lifted in and out of the boat to be filled/emptied, and the table can move around the boat! We contacted various cooler vendors about a hard side cooler with drain, but apparently our volume is not large enough for a custom cooler from a company like Igloo! TB

They'll be sorry someday, time to contact Coleman !!!!!!

LOONEY TOONZ II
2011 2275RLi * Regatta Blue with Java/Blue Accent Interior * Sand Palm Carpet * Elevated Helm * Electric Anchor * LED's in Bimini * Stainless Rub Rail *
Garmin 100 * Led mood lighting * Yamaha 20 hp * Miles of Smiles

#11 keithkz

keithkz

Commodore

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

There isn't a removable inner of the coffee table is there???

#12 Team Bennington

Team Bennington

Commodore

• Administrators
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Coffee tables and refreshment tables include a portable interior cooler from Bennington. The tables are not lined or insulated.

#13 keithkz

keithkz

Commodore

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Oh ok right. Yeah I remember someone saying that over the weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users