Team Bennington

Owner's Manuals

23 posts in this topic

how big is the fuel tank on a RBR 25 with the sports package a2013.

Hi Doug! Just go to the main Bennington Page, do the build a boat and click on view instead of build, then click on the specs option. That will show what is standard, unless you opt for the center mounted fuel tank, then it should be 50-55 gallons

Interesting, looks like 35.2 on the 22 ft, 34.1 on the 25. A moderator can move all this into a different topic if they like.

Sounds like a loose connection on the switch to me. Since the switch obviously has power. Check the back of the switch under the helm.

Yup, wires are just pushed on.

IMHO the "owner's manual" given to me and posted on line is a joke.  It is generic for all models and has virtually no specific information in it at all.  As one of many examples, I have a boat with a sink.  I found the water tank for it beneath a nearby seat and filled it.  When we went on our first trip, I had occasion to wash my hands and flipped on the water pump switch found next to the sink.  Sink worked fine.  Had no trouble figuring out how to remove the plug and drain it.  A little while later I noticed a plastic cover on top of a box next to the back rail, took it off and found a hose coiled up inside a container that was full of water.  When we had occasion to use the sink again a short while later, my son observed that there was water coming out of that same cover.  Lo! and behold!. Turning on the pump also activated the hose, which had a fitting on the end I had never seen before.  A short period of experimentation revealed how to open and close what is apparently some sort of a nozzle.  The box containing the hose container has a snap on cover on it that has some stuff in it that looks complicated and I haven't had time to figure out yet.

None of this is mentioned any where in any of the literature supplied with the boat.  How come?  A purchase this expensive should have a manual available somewhere that contains detailed information on exactly what everything on the boat is and how it works.  I have two accessory switches at the helm and haven't had time to figure out what each controls.

Your dealer should have showed you all this. With a boat, you won't get a manual like a car.

Ditto what Carl said. This is a dealer issue.

Didn't you fill out a form while going over the boat with the dealer? My dealer had a pretty detailed form and he went over EVERYTHING at delivery.

Agreed a dealer issue .There is no way Bennington  could publish a manual for each boat .There are too many possible combinations over the 4 models lines .

I would be surprised if there are two alike owned by forum members .( over 3700 )

Is there a manual for the 2" depth gage on the 2001 I need to adjust it

Trooper, if you are referring to the transducer =of the fish finder you should be able to just reach down and tilt it down a little more.  If that doesn't help in some cases a few have reported that it took actually removing it and then putting it back on a little higher or lower.  Cwag and kaydano seem to know quite a bit about this perhaps one of them will chime in 

I only know what I know due to having problems with it. My experience is it needs to be level with the earth, so adjust for the attitude of your boat, and it also need too run through clean water (no air from turbulence of the boat). There are tilt and height adjustments on the transducer. Try the tilt first, assuming it was installed correctly for height, which is a good assumption. Only lower the entire transducer as a last resort. I have generally found that when it stops working, it is due to hitting a dead fish or small stick just below the surface.

Damn those dead fish, always in the way

I am looking for the manual to adjust the alarm depth and stuff in the menu of the gage

Is there a manual for the 2" depth gage on the 2001 I need to adjust it

I am looking for the manual to adjust the alarm depth and stuff in the menu of the gage

Is it a factory gauge or aftermarket? Can you supply a pic of the gauge.

it is a hummingbird gage

that was it thank you

Agreed a dealer issue .There is no way Bennington  could publish a manual for each boat .There are too many possible combinations over the 4 models lines .

I would be surprised if there are two alike owned by forum members .( over 3700 )

I disagree.  There are dozens of other types of vehicles and equipment with more options than Bennington that put out good manuals.  A lot of them just cover the options with a "if equipped."

Can anyone tell me the size of the fuel tank (rear quarter mount) on a 2008 2274GL? Was unable to access any info on Bennington website.

Thanks