Landscaper2009

Just Purchased Our First Benny

60 posts in this topic

The only reason(other than strapping down towables) that I can figure is possibly for trailering. It may be a way of applying a pressure on the release latch so a bump doesn't relieve pressure on the latch and the wind could cause the top to tilt backwards into the "toy loading position" . Really don't see a need for it while just in normal water use. But that's just my opinion. I've only ever seen one in real life.

1 person likes this

The only reason(other than strapping down towables) that I can figure is possibly for trailering. It may be a way of applying a pressure on the release latch so a bump doesn't relieve pressure on the latch and the wind could cause the top to tilt backwards into the "toy loading position" . Really don't see a need for it while just in normal water use. But that's just my opinion. I've only ever seen one in real life.

Derrick, I think you are correct. Although there is a secondary tie down in case the latch opens. It probably wouldn't hurt to use while trailering.

My boat originally had the same top (Was replace with double biminis), and I have a bag with those straps sitting in my garage. I was told they are for tying tubes and other water tows down on top of the tower.

Had a great trip out to Lake Roosevelt, Az with friends.

IMG951347

IMG 1552

IMG951351

IMG951568

Boat looks awesome and it looks like a good time was had by all.

1 person likes this

Some pics from our last trip. Loving this new Benny! We have already referred some new friends to our dealer and they bought a new boat that week. Now we are planning more weekend out on the lake.

IMG9557981

20150808 190334

20150808 173527

1 person likes this

Very different and absolutely Gorgeous.  No wonder it has been easy to refer friends

1 person likes this

Hello Bennington Friends, I purchased a 22 SSRX about  3-4 weeks ago in California, I was told of a Bennington membership club that would give me another 2 yrs of warranty status on my new boat. By joining this site am I on board or is there another application from Bennington that must be submitted. If so where can i Find that paperwork?  Any advice is appreciated...I'm new so sorry if I posted on the wrong page.

Thanks,

Big Bernie

Welcome to the forum Bernie and your question was answered in the other place you posted. Congrats on the new boat.

1 person likes this

Have the E-tec 300 love it !   You will have a blast !

1 person likes this