Fplcman

Upgrades - time to get started

68 posts in this topic

I ordered mine from Walmart.com. $31.30, no tax and free shipping. It mails from a Maryland distributor.

Just ordered mine off Amazon ....$29.93 shipped. Figured I'd rather get one and not need it, then get almost done installing and need it. I can always sell it if I don't end up needing it.

Did anyone else get the map chip and file for the rebate ?

Last day by the way to purchase and be rebate eligible .

42 minutes ago, Jack M said:

Did anyone else get the map chip and file for the rebate ?

Last day by the way to purchase and be rebate eligible .

Jack,

I did and just received an email saying they were processing it. 

2 hours ago, Fplcman said:

Jack,

I did and just received an email saying they were processing it. 

When did you mail it ?

Mailed mine 3/29

1 hour ago, Jack M said:

When did you mail it ?

Mailed mine 3/29

I sent mine in 3/23 and received the email 4/11

Just found out "online" that mine is being processed .

Here is the link if anyone would like to check theirs 

http://www.status-now.com/

Has anybody put underwater lights on the sides  or back of the standard transom?

i was thinking about that instead of having a second bracket welded on. 

1 person likes this

Dub9, some have had brackets welded on and many have added underwater lights.  Caution you to use quality lights so no problems.  Try using the search engine as I remember someone documenting the project

I searched, and this was the best thread I identified. I did read that many had the bracket welded, but I am not sure I wanted to go that far. 

That is why I was considering just the transom pan (or whatever it is called). The spacing wouldn't be as far, but maybe the effect would be similar. 

Maybe even one on the back and one on each side perhaps. But then the side ones would be in the "flow" of the water underway, and maybe that isn't ideal. 

17 hours ago, Dub9 said:

Has anybody put underwater lights on the sides  or back of the standard transom?

i was thinking about that instead of having a second bracket welded on. 

Underwater lights on the sides?  Do you mean under the water line but on the sides of the tubes or under deck lights down the sides.  I also had the extra bracket welded on for future use.

7 hours ago, Dub9 said:

I searched, and this was the best thread I identified. I did read that many had the bracket welded, but I am not sure I wanted to go that far. 

That is why I was considering just the transom pan (or whatever it is called). The spacing wouldn't be as far, but maybe the effect would be similar. 

Maybe even one on the back and one on each side perhaps. But then the side ones would be in the "flow" of the water underway, and maybe that isn't ideal. 

I put two lights on the center toon and added the bracket for the right toon. Looks great but have not had a chance to use it yet.

Following back up...  Fplcman did you ever install the LED lights inside your toon under the seats?  Just wondering how they turned out and any tips you may have learned along the way?  I'm hoping my toon was built today and will be here in the next week or so.  Would like to tackle that project before it gets to far into the summer.

On May 18, 2016 at 0:28 AM, Stevie G said:

Following back up...  Fplcman did you ever install the LED lights inside your toon under the seats?  Just wondering how they turned out and any tips you may have learned along the way?  I'm hoping my toon was built today and will be here in the next week or so.  Would like to tackle that project before it gets to far into the summer.

Not yet. I plan on doing it over the memorial weekend. The weather has not been the best here in Indiana. 

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:55 PM, MH663 said:

Underwater lights on the sides?  Do you mean under the water line but on the sides of the tubes or under deck lights down the sides.  I also had the extra bracket welded on for future use.

I meant on the side of the motor pod, but looking into more, I thin the easy mounting position may be above the water line.

367EEFFD-E06C-4D2A-B892-B812D55B9D3D_zps

Fplcman - How did you mount the underwater lights on the center tube?  Did you drill holes in the toon?  

(Great DIY!  Thanks for taking the time to post all this great information!)

On May 18, 2016 at 0:28 AM, Stevie G said:

Following back up...  Fplcman did you ever install the LED lights inside your toon under the seats?  Just wondering how they turned out and any tips you may have learned along the way?  I'm hoping my toon was built today and will be here in the next week or so.  Would like to tackle that project before it gets to far into the sum

I am in the middle of writing up a nice how to for all these upgrades. Takes more time then you think to put it on paper. Lol. 

I have all installed plus more. 

On June 5, 2016 at 11:00 AM, azray007 said:

Fplcman - How did you mount the underwater lights on the center tube?  Did you drill holes in the toon?  

(Great DIY!  Thanks for taking the time to post all this great information!)

I just drilled small holes then used the screws that came with the lights. I am really impressed with the lights. I am going to take a good picture of it at night so I can post it. 

1 person likes this