SEMPERFI8387

What color to pick- so hard to decide

Color choice -what's your favorite   48 members have voted

1. 1. Having a hard time deciding which color combo looks best or Champagne only. So hard to choose .... Help us !!!

• Champagne/Matador Red accent
    • Black/Regatta Blue accent
    • Black/Matador Red accent
    • Champagne/Regatta Blue accent
    • Champagne/Black accent
    • Champagne-no accent
    • Regatta Blue-no accent

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

357 posts in this topic

large.image.jpegHaving a heck of a time picking color. Vote your choice and help us decide. 

1 person likes this

Well...we're partial to the one at the top left, but ours is white, and not Champagne.

Our dealer has a 2016 23GCW in bronze and black, and we think it looks gnarly.  He's got a 250 Yamaha on it, but I don't remember what he said he wanted for her, but I seem to remember around $60k +.  I would have loved to have that boat, but it was easily $25k out of our budget, being on a fixed income.  Plus I imaging that 250 Yamaha guzzles the gas compared with my itty-bitty 115.

Here's a link to that boat so you can see more of it:  http://www.perfectcatchmarine.com/bennington-pontoons.html

I wanted the black with regatta accent when we ordered ours but Bennington wouldn't do it. Love that combo!

I know what you mean. That's why I like my 20hp .... :P minimal fuel usage!!

Yeah, we are going to stretch our budget, but we set a max number and have been flip flopping options to get to our must haves vs. wants. 

Being they "color match" light housings to furniture now, we dropped s/s LEDs and went to standard, and dropped s/s rub rail to heavy duty rub rail. That allowed us to upgrade to seagrass. Just having a heck of a time deciding on the color. :blink:

Does my vote count even though I'm your wife? :P

5 people like this

30 minutes ago, panthergirl said:

Sounds like our votes may be negated! But I tend to like either black boats. PADS sure sucks.

54 minutes ago, panthergirl said:

I'm thinking your vote wins no matter what any of us think ..... ;)

2 people like this

I think you should go with a regatta blue boat with no accent. But, if these are my options...

Regatta Blue gets my vote as well.  Of course if you want to do a Smokey Granite accent that's OK too, lol.

I choose black with the blue when I ordered our boat, but it came with the charcoal accent!!......... Happy wife..happy life!

Well, ours is solid champagne so i guess i like that one.  You know what they say...  if voting mattered they wouldn't let us do it.  P.S. They always get what they want... make them work for it every now and then.  PG, like the avatar.  Semper, thanks for defending the Constitution.

1 person likes this

I love the black - second on the left

13 hours ago, Rockie69 said:

I think you should go with a regatta blue boat with no accent. But, if these are my options...

Ok I added this as vote color as we've discussed this option also we do love our Regatta RLi. 

14 hours ago, panthergirl said:

Actually the only vote that counts......

3 people like this

Well, now how do I change my vote...LoL

Champagne with regatta blue! It wasn't my first choice, but now that I've had it for a while, I like it a lot and it would probably be my first choice now. So much better than my old black boat. The champagne hides dirt and spots well, and the blue still gives it a little kick. 

E92Shjpax3T-xQQc8-U3eRkx8hmDPqsGRUNAjj9J

1 person likes this

Even though I have had two solid Regatta blue benny's, I really like the champagne with Blue accent. I would probably go with blue cover and bimini though.

Go Matador red with black accent panel and black bimini top.   We get tons and tons of compliments every day on the lake.  

1 person likes this

I didn't have much choice as we bought off the lot, but if I had I'd probably have gone with the Champagne, with or without an accent. There's one on our lake that looks great. Plus, I think it would hide water spots a lot better than my black Benny.

In the end, I'm sure it will look great regardless of which color your wife chooses!

8 hours ago, Spar-Toon said:

Go Matador red with black accent panel and black bimini top.   We get tons and tons of compliments every day on the lake.  

That is one sweet toon you have. I spec'd it out already (blackout option), but it was outside our initial budget, our stretch budget, and our I don't need to eat but still look good budget ... :lol:

8 hours ago, Michiman said:

I didn't have much choice as we bought off the lot, but if I had I'd probably have gone with the Champagne, with or without an accent. There's one on our lake that looks great. Plus, I think it would hide water spots a lot better than my black Benny.

In the end, I'm sure it will look great regardless of which color your wife chooses!

Yeah, I really like straight champagne with Tuscan Dune interior ...... Wife says .. Blah ....... But she forgets, she had 3 must haves, and I get to choose color !!;)

1 person likes this

So our specs other than color: 2375GCW, Elevated Helm, Co Captain lounger, Tuscan Dune interior, Upgrade Captains R chair, Full Seagrass, Heavy duty rub rail, Graywood Trim, s/s telescoping ladder, shark hide, Upgrade SS cleats,..... possibly s/s led lights (the base lights are now color matched to interior and use an oval led so they don't look too bad), possible KMC10.

We are on a very strict budget and we discussed our must haves vs. wants. Wants I can easily add later. Must haves are either impossible or cost prohibitive to add later. 

As far as color selection....we love the regatta blue with champagne accent of our boat but.  If I had to do over again I might select the colors the other way around.  Like mentioned the blue does show water spots while the champagne looks great even when spotted or dusty.  Have seen a few white boats with the blue or black accent on the lake lately that look good too.  Color choice is a tough one....almost as bad as interior options.  Guess when it comes to the option box just check all of them!

Stainless lights for us was a must as I didn't feel the plastic housings would be near as rugged should someone use them as a step off the bow.  Either way the new oval led lights probably put out just as much light as our smaller round leds in the stainless housings.  The stainless rub rail has stood up to some less than stellar docking on my part over the last 2 years (I'm getting better and the abuse has been reduced to a minimum now).  I'd say at least get some rub rail if you do a lot of docking (for us resturants are the biggest docking) as it protects the aluminum deck surround quite a bit.

Only solid advice I can give. Think resale. You may have the boat for a long time, but when you go to sell it, you don't want somthing silly like plastic lights to sway a deal.

I really liked the heavy duty rubber rub rail on our last boat. The new one has the SS and it's starting to show wear and some surface rust spots.

My new overall must have option is dual batteries with a switch.  We never had this on any of our other boats, but with the stereo playing much of the time the boat is not running while moored, it's been awesome to just flip the switch and start the motor without having to go get the jump box.  

Can't wait to see what you end up with.

BTW, loved the voting procedure at the top, very cool.