mbhenry1955

Ethanol VS Non-Ethanol Fuels and Sta-bil Marine 360

60 posts in this topic

1 person likes this

Good info Jack.  Glad I take the effort to only use 100% as with my slow rate of travel I don't burn through my fuel very quickly

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, JTaylor said:

My F200 manual says 86 minimum.  I always buy from the marina and they have 89.  

Just to clear up any confusion the manual for the V6 F200 shows minimum 86 octane. The F200 inline 4 manual states minimum 89 octane. John and I compared manuals... his is bigger.

28 minutes ago, Link said:

Good info Jack.  Glad I take the effort to only use 100% as with my slow rate of travel I don't burn through my fuel very quickly

Its a pain but I only use 100% also .I carry 20 gallons at a time .Most of my travel is  no wake  from our marina to Burt Lake .I do open it up once I hit the lake :D

14 hours ago, lakeliving said:

Just to clear up any confusion the manual for the V6 F200 shows minimum 86 octane. The F200 inline 4 manual states minimum 89 octane. John and I compared manuals... his is bigger.

Yep, I mistakenly downloaded the wrong manual instead of referencing the paper manual that came with the boat for my inline 4.  Put me in the 89 minimum club.

Hey Jack, thanks for sharing! I use fuel treatment to help combat that effect. Interesting to see it in action....

Even though I use ethanol free ,I also use the Mercury additives .Just in case there was something  else in the tank 

14 hours ago, Pittsburgh said:

Image result for no ethanol gas

The same at the fuel dock on our lake.....89 octane with no ethanol.  Granted it's about a $1 - $1.50 more than the e-10 at the pumps uptown.