Cap'n Mel

New Benny Arrived - 2017 Flooring Installed

48 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, kaydano said:

I'd like that too.  And owning a marina.

Can I get in on this dealer too? I already have a record of selling Benningtons (both new and used).

My only stipulation is we open it in a warmer climate.

2 hours ago, lakeliving said:

Can I get in on this dealer too? I already have a record of selling Benningtons (both new and used).

Yes. It's going to be 65 here this weekend.

2 hours ago, lakeliving said:

Make that 3! I'll run the shop!

2 people like this

The day before yesterday, I went to the Bennington Facebook page and sent them a message. this morning, I received a kind message back. They requested that I phone a company rep. I've done so, left a message and am now waiting for a call back. I'll keep you posted on the results of that call.

15 hours ago, kaydano said:

And owning a marina.

I will guarantee you do not want to own a marina.  After 30 years of 24/7 retail operations, I was ready to kill my employees and customers. 

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, Remediation said:

I will guarantee you do not want to own a marina.  After 30 years of 24/7 retail operations, I was ready to kill my employees and customers.

I've seen how the ones around here are operated. If you are open 8 to 5 Tuesday thru Sunday and have someone knowledgeable available on call. You'll be way ahead of the game. Plus we'd be dealing with intelligent sensible people. I mean hey, they bought a Bennington.

Back on topic... Awesome that you have received feedback! Too bad there was not more proactivity. But, I'm confident there will be a corrective action and they will seek opertunities to improve. That's how you become a better enterprise.

1 hour ago, Remediation said:

Maybe we should clarify our business model. Our focus will be PADS sales to members on the forum. As we've seen there is a pretty good return customer rate here and we could leverage the relationships built on here over the years and offer suggestions based on their needs.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, lakeliving said:

Maybe we should clarify our business model. Our focus will be PADS sales to members on the forum. As we've seen there is a pretty good return customer rate here and we could leverage the relationships built on here over the years and offer suggestions based on their needs.

I'm officially throwing my hat in also.This sounds like a great retirement plan. I'll be responsible for delivering the boat and giving the sea trial to the customer. And it would not matter where they live. 

Don't want to derail the thread .... but who's got the capital to fund this ..... :D

mines tied up in ..... a new Benni. ;)

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, SEMPERFI8387 said:

Don't want to derail the thread .... but who's got the capital to fund this ..... :D

mines tied up in ..... a new Benni. ;)

Sending my wife out to buy the Mega and Power ball ticket now!

3 people like this

8 hours ago, Cap'n Mel said:

The day before yesterday, I went to the Bennington Facebook page and sent them a message. this morning, I received a kind message back. They requested that I phone a company rep. I've done so, left a message and am now waiting for a call back. I'll keep you posted on the results of that call.

Sounds as though you're making some head way. Glad to hear Bennington has interest coming to the plate and dealing with this matter. Told my wife about your quandary and she just smiled said good thing that wasn't you, you'd burn the whole place down and they'd have to build you another one! Hopefully in the end you'll get what you're happy with and not settle for anything less. 

Why does everyone assume because you're a fireman you're an arsonist too! ;) 

2 people like this

Just got off the phone with the Bennington rep. They offered to reimburse the $1086 we paid for our flooring upgrade. My hubby couldn't believe it when I told him!

I'm very happy with this outcome. It's for the best - We will not rebuild as we don't really love any of the flooring options and the one we have is just as good as another. A rebuild would push us back dangerously close to ice-out and we want to be out there ASAP. I can't say enough good things about Bennington service. My dealer...hmmnnn, well - I'll make no further comment.

7 people like this

So glad to hear that Bennington took care of you. Enjoy that new boat now!

1 person likes this

Great to hear you came to a resolution that everybody is happy with. As was expected Bennington took care of the issue for another happy customer! Just reinforces the statements made on this forum as Bennington being the premium manufacturer we all love! 

I just thought of another option... maybe, just maybe another dealer out there bought the boat you want and perhaps Bennington could do a "locator" like they do in the auto biz. How cool would that be? Sorry I did not think of it sooner. If there are only a few that were built with your flooring, maybe Just maybe it's out there and it would only take a few phone calls to see. They should have a list of the HID #'s and where they went.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the ideas but We customized the layout of our boat so I highly doubt there's another one it there like it. I'm satisfied with the end result and an rest for ice out to hit the water!

Glad you got this resolved. After years of seeing it on this forum, there was no doubt in my mind that Bennington would make it right with you.

But, there goes our marina idea.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, kaydano said:

Who says you have to give up the dream, between the guys on here I'm sure anything is a possibility!! :) 

2 people like this

6 hours ago, kaydano said:

WTH are you talking about? I'm buying a marina!

2 people like this

58 minutes ago, Rockie69 said:

WTH are you talking about? I'm buying a marina!

Slight delay guys! Didn't win earlier this week. But we do have tonights drawing .:rolleyes:

3 people like this

We put an order in on a 2017 back in December with platinum seagrass flooring.  We were notified a couple of weeks ago that the platinum seagrass flooring we had ordered was no longer available.  They were discontinuing it, and they ran out prior to getting to our build.

Through our dealer, Bennington had requested a flooring change, and offered to give us Beige seagrass free of charge.  Since our interior colors are in that direction, this change would work fine for us.  We accepted.  However, we were offered to make any other change we saw fit too.

All of this was communicated to me via email with my sales person at our dealership.  That is what should have happened with you originally.  You should have been offered options through your dealer, as well as some sort of concession for them not being able to fulfill the order as invoiced.  It is nice that they did this in the end, but seems like your dealer may have dropped the ball on this.  

Since Bennington had contacted our dealer with this issue, and they contacted us...I wonder if Bennington had also contacted your dealer too?  I wonder if your dealer just made the change without consulting you vs. contacting you and letting you make the change as you saw fit (as our dealer did with us)?

I am hopeful you will like your boat with its different flooring.  Hopefully it will not detract from it.  It is unfortunate that it went down the way it did, but at least Bennington tried to step up after the fact.  We hope you enjoy your new boat this upcoming summer!

1 person likes this