cwag911

Not boating related

30 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Michiman said:

Hey, thanks for the tip. We're down the street from you but only get three channels (NBC, ABC & PBS). Guess it's time for a different antenna!

Not sure if this will help, but when we first hooked up, we only brought in a small handful of stations.  Here is what helped increase it to 20 stations: 

1- We returned the 10-30 mile range antenae we first purchased and instead got a 50 mile range antenae (50 miles even though its still an indoor antennae - crazy).  The one I list above is the generic "Amazon" brand one, pulls in an amazing range of stations, 50 mile range, and under $30 bucks...win/win.

2 - This antennae has an amplifier, but when we use that (which in theory should extend its range) we get fewer stations - something like 3-8 depending on the weather.  I did some research, and amplifiers can sometimes cause signal interference and reduce station reception.  

Thus, if you currently have an antenae with an amplifier, try disconnecting it and see if that does the trick.  If not, get one rated for 50 mile range and don't use its amplifier...perhaps try the one we have.  It is economical, and really pulls in the stations for us on Houghton Lake.

New one on its way from Amazon! I'll let you know how it works.

Great!  I hope it works as well for you.  Side note...just read your entire signature.  The ending is fantastic! "...and other fascinating options chosen by my dealer."  

1 person likes this

On March 18, 2017 at 5:56 AM, Jack M said:

Beside the constant price increases ,and outages .Poor customer service 

Yeah your right. We have been known to call them up and bitch about it going up and end up getting some kind of discount for another year. Then the same process......

On 3/19/2017 at 9:13 AM, Vikingstaff said:

Great!  I hope it works as well for you.  Side note...just read your entire signature.  The ending is fantastic! "...and other fascinating options chosen by my dealer."  

That's what you get when you buy off the lot. LOL

1 person likes this