BigKahuna

Fuel price check........

49 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

Cool. Did you end up plugging up the pin hole leak?!?

I called Lake Norman Marina today. When I found the leak they were telling me a week and a half minimum to repair. I called today and they said if I brought it Wednesday they could have it back to us Friday. So from 10 days to 3.

5 people like this

On 6/30/2017 at 5:39 PM, Jb75 said:

3.49 for 93 non ethanol at my marina.  Been 3.49 since last 7/4 but was bumped up then from 3.29.  I filled up last weekend in case they decide to raise it again this yr.  everyone have a safe weekend.  

Just my luck.  Hit the lake today and gas was $3.09.   Dropped it .40 cents for the holiday...

2 people like this

13 hours ago, royal4 said:

Be careful being cheap...my buddy used ethanol gas for years....  saved a few bucks......  but is now spending it all and more  trying to get his engine running correctly.   Still not ok and he  always tells me if I knew then what I know now I would never put ethanol gas in my boat.  Fuel line deterioration etc...   Bottom line he thought he was saving money but it's costing him more in the long run. He used Startron to treat it but not every tank. For that reason I only use ethanol free.

Use E free fuel in the boat and all power equipment at the house...........

The price of ethanol free 87 octane on our lake is $3.50 while the local gas station has 91 octane ethanol free for $2.79.  I usually opt for the local gas station for not only my boat but all my power tools (lawn mower, trimmer and generator).  Had a bad experience a few years ago with using the E10 gas and since then I only use the ethanol free for motors that are not used on a regular basis. 

1 person likes this

On 6/30/2017 at 1:12 PM, adkboater said:

Headed to the lake tomorrow.... :) I'll keep you posted!! We can ethanol free on and off the water. 

Finally put the boat in the water today..... non ethanol high test on the street was $3.06, saw a sign for reg on ethanol where we dropped in for $3.89. Run has left us and we have beautiful weather till Thursday! Life is good on the lake!! :) 

1 person likes this

$4.01 at our marina but forgot to notice the grade. I'll be hauling my fuel!

3 people like this

Brian's Marina on our lake was $4.01. Perhaps the same marina Michman checked...?  I pretty certain they are 87 Octane. On the up side, the sell completely ethanol free marine grade rec fuel.

I got 100% gas, yesterday, and it was $2.15/Gal. :)

At the place I used to get it, it is $2.55/Gal. :( 

1 person likes this

No marina on our lake so I carry. Put 16 gallons in yesterday with the super siphon.

1 person likes this

On 7/5/2017 at 11:18 PM, Vikingstaff said:

Brian's Marina on our lake was $4.01. Perhaps the same marina Michman checked...?  I pretty certain they are 87 Octane. On the up side, the sell completely ethanol free marine grade rec fuel.

Nope. We're on the other end of the lake. Used to be known as Harvey's Marina but was sold off late last year. I think it's now called Bay View. 

1 person likes this

4.40 at the Salt Fork Lake marina, OUCH, thanks to my bro in law for footing the bill.

3 people like this

Paid $3.00 at Paradise Grill on the Indian Inlet in Delaware.  Then proceeded under the bridge out to the Ocean for some wave surfing with the boat. And of coarse we all got soaked.What a great day with my family!

2 people like this

On 6/30/2017 at 11:50 AM, Jack M said:

Weather has been so bad here ,I haven't  had to put any in yet this season .:angry:

Finally ,:D put gas in this season today  ,$3.75 street price ,90 octane No Corn 

4 people like this

Fuel at the docks last weekend was still at $3.69 (same price as most of last summer) even though uptown price went up a dime to $2.19 for e10.

i guess 65 bucks worth of fuel isn't to bad for roughly 11 hours of use over the holiday weekend.  Had the boat out quite a bit and watched the fireworks on the lake.

1 person likes this

On July 9, 2017 at 3:15 PM, Indian_Lake_Bum said:

Fuel at the docks last weekend was still at $3.69 (same price as most of last summer) even though uptown price went up a dime to $2.19 for e10.

i guess 65 bucks worth of fuel isn't to bad for roughly 11 hours of use over the holiday weekend.  Had the boat out quite a bit and watched the fireworks on the lake.

$125 has been my lowest fill up total so far this year......

Ha! Just don't trust that fluctuating fuel gauge......

29 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

$125 has been my lowest fill up total so far this year......

Ha! Just don't trust that fluctuating fuel gauge......

How big is that tank?

On 7/1/2017 at 3:52 PM, SEMPERFI8387 said:

Any newer motors use ethanol compatible fuel lines and such. Not to say it can't create problems, but knock on wood, I've been running ethanol fuel with Stabil, Yamaha ring free, and Yami filter for 8 years now and haven't had fuel issues. 

Yeah, but you can buy them 20's by the case.  :P

2 people like this

3 hours ago, cwag911 said:

How big is that tank?

52 gallons.

The last time we got gas was at the Boathouse grill pump after breakfast one morning. Topped off with 40 gallons of e free 93 octane at $3.99 a gallon............$159. Hey if it needs it..........Fill it up!!!

The funny thing was we thought we were close to an empty tank. The fuel gauge fluctuates between empty and a quarter tank so we're not sure how much gas we had left but we ended up having 12 gallons left..........

1 person likes this

I generally fill up at a gas station than on the river. If I use kroger points it is fairly cheap. If not the price has been around 2.05 to 2.35. River prices range from as low as 3.49 to 3.99. The only time I get gas on the river is if we make a long trip. The few places I do get gas on the river they generally bad mouth each other saying their gas is better than the other guys. 

When I checked the specs for my F90 Four stroke it states  minimum 87 octane as recommended fuel and 10% ethanol is OK but no 15% ethanol.

Specs for the F series yamahas

Paid $3.77 on the street ,90 octane ,No Corn .

Checked yesterday ,$5.69 on the water 

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Jack M said:

Paid $3.77 on the street ,90 octane ,No Corn .

Checked yesterday ,$5.69 on the water 

Paid $3.39 for e free 89 octane on the water on Sunday. Topping off the tank came to $112. Ha! 

Also finally waterproofed the carpet on Monday, Jack. Gave it a good spray soak then let it dry. Then sprayed it again. How long does the water repellancy usually last for the carpet?!? 

1 person likes this

I do mine once a season ,just like the cover .I did notice the other day I missed a few spots on the carpet .

5 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

Paid $3.39 for e free 89 octane on the water on Sunday. Topping off the tank came to $112. Ha! 

Also finally waterproofed the carpet on Monday, Jack. Gave it a good spray soak then let it dry. Then sprayed it again. How long does the water repellancy usually last for the carpet?!? 

1 person likes this

We bought fuel last weekend at the fuel docks and was still $3.69 for what is stickered as 89 non-ethanol.  Was $2.39 uptown for 87 e-10 and $2.79 for 89......still not to bad at the fuel docks and I don't have to carry cans to the boat.  Our marina frowns on fueling from gas cans but will allow if you are using a pump to transfer the fuel.

Lake Cumberland 4.24 a gallon 90c