Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chrisbert

Flag Pole pin size?

7 posts in this topic

I've lost the pin (with the secure clip) that holds the flag pole in the Bennington base.  I forgot to measure the hole diameter before I put her up and wondered if anyone has the size handy?

Thank you.

I purchased my flag from Bennington.  I just went and measured the pin (with clip) it is 1/4" by 2 1/4 ."  I'm sure at some point I will fumble mine - would be interested in knowing where you find a replacement.

They sell that stuff at Lowes in the hardware aisle.

1 person likes this

Thank you.  Got one at Tractor Supply and it's a much higher quality piece than what came with the Bennington kit.

I think I'll rig it with some paracord so it doesn't swim with the fishes again.

2 people like this

I have a question for those with the Bennington flag pole, did you secure the base to the deck with screws or bolts and nuts?  Also, what size screws or bolts did you use?  I have the kit and want to install it correctly.  Because of the deck under skin screws would be the easiest way to go.  Just not sure if thats the best way to go.

Bolt it. Use a backing plate also. Screws will let loose over time from moisture. 

That's what I thought.  I was trying to avoid drilling through the deck and the aluminum under skin.  How thick is the plywood deck 3/4"?  I guess the bolts will need to be at least an 1 1/4" long.