Dawns benny

No drill 4 rod holder horizontal storage

8 posts in this topic

I have a 2018 20 ft benny fishing pontoon with a 90hp yamaha 4 stroke with the 4 fishing chairs. I need a horizontal rod holder to store rods. I'm not drilling into side of my boat. Surely there is a velcro type holder that holds about 4 rods and sticks on rather than screw on.  Help

I did not see much out there.  You may have to use screws, or try your own version of Velcro.  You can buy it by the roll with adhesive backing.

1 person likes this

On our last Benny we ordered the 4 rod holder, there was no good space to mount it and the dealer bought it back from us. I just lay the rods down in the back of the boat and make sure the reel is in the pocket between the ladder and the tow bar.  Haven't had an issue

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Scotty-Pontoon-Rod-Holder/1571319.uts

Try these. I got mine from Amazon a bit cheaper. I have 5 of them and ordered an extra base for each one. The rod holders get placed where you want for fishing and the extra bases were put in a row along the back railing to use as vertical rod storage. All that I need to do is pull one off the back and place it in the base next to whichever seat im going to fish from. When covering the boat the bases are fine but I have to remove the holders and poles and lay them on the floor...

1 person likes this

We found one of those scotty mounts in our lake recently. I have the piece that holds the rod but not the mount and nut. I should look into something like this for trolling.

Thank u guys for the input but I'm not looking for a vertical rod holder or holders. I have that, what I'm looking for is a horizontal holder so that I don't have to lay my rods on the floor. I want to put a holder behind the driver seat all the way to in front of the back swim gate, but i don't want to drill holes! Preferably a strong stick on type rod holder.

Well Dawn, you might as well drill.  I wanted a second table, had to drill, post for grill, had to drill.  It is after all a fishing boat, might as well make it permanent and do it right.   

1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, Dawns benny said:

Thank u guys for the input but I'm not looking for a vertical rod holder or holders. I have that, what I'm looking for is a horizontal holder so that I don't have to lay my rods on the floor. I want to put a holder behind the driver seat all the way to in front of the back swim gate, but i don't want to drill holes! Preferably a strong stick on type rod holder.

Be careful before you drill to allow for the bimini to move up and down. That's why we were unable to find a place on ours for one to go on the inside. I too wanted it behind the helm chair but it wasn't feasible with the top.