Blaz

live well overflow

11 posts in this topic

I have lost the nut that goes on the overflow drain for the front live well. Any recommendations on where these can be found?

Lowes, Home Depot, plumbing supply.

I have looked at Ace and another local hardware store. My drain is about 1 1/8" with fine threads. Most plumbing fittings I have found are standard pipe thread. I will look at Lowes but expect I will find the same.

Then I would call your dealer.

1 hour ago, Blaz said:

I have looked at Ace and another local hardware store. My drain is about 1 1/8" with fine threads. Most plumbing fittings I have found are standard pipe thread. I will look at Lowes but expect I will find the same.

Try here: https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=livewell+fittings&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=7021145890&hvqmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_3ayzb42g1l_b

Look on any marine site like overton's or Wholwsale Marine, you may have to buy the whole fitting, but they are inexpensive,

I wanted to find a cap for our live we'll so I could fill it up without the drain tube. (Our 2 year old uses it as a water table to play in) I don't want the tube where he can pry on it. I checked local stores and gave up. 

Post a picture of what you have and might be able to match it to something. Been in the plumbing business for quite some time. Won't guarantee it but can always try!

Sounds a lot like the same size nut on my helm door that goes behind the lock. Never could find one after trying several hardware stores.  Good luck.

11 hours ago, lakeliving said:

I wanted to find a cap for our live we'll so I could fill it up without the drain tube. (Our 2 year old uses it as a water table to play in) I don't want the tube where he can pry on it. I checked local stores and gave up. 

Could you use a bathtub stopper?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01ANP7608/ref=zg_bs_344741011_3/132-8557301-7223606?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MKXP805YZ0PRSN8RWMBC

Not sure but Carl's link above shows something from th marine that could work