Fontana Lake
PonTuna Salad

Fontana Lake

Mrs. Salad chilling. And I mean chilling. Colder than the upper 80's Lake Norman we are use to.
Where is Fontana Lake?!?

Where is Fontana Lake?!?

In the mountains of southwestern North Carolina. About an hour west of Asheville. Not far from the Tennessee border. The town of Bryson City is at the headwaters. It was about a 3 1/2 hour drive for us. 

Left the Benny home?!?

I didn't get a trailer for the boat so it stays on Norman. We had talked about taking our other boats there but never wanted to pull around the curvy roads to get to the resort with something that long and it just never happened. There are ramps closer to Bryson City where the roads aren't as curvy, so if I were to take a boat there, that is what I would do, but I wanted to take her to the resort.

The original plan was to go that weekend with the Waverunner since the boat would be in the shop with the repair when they were talking 10 days.

The curvy road is what is better known as the Dragon Tail. People come from all over to test there skills on this road with motorcycles and cars made for curves. Not easy access for boaters from the west of The lake for sure. Some day I might though. 

The road isn't quite as bad as the Dragon's Tail when you are going to Fontana Village from the east. I use to live in East Tennessee and have traveled the Dragon's Tail in from the west. Wouldn't want to do it with a trailer behind, especially if I wanted to get there quickly. No breaking land speed records on that road.

Also, dragging a trailer makes those that KC is talking about mad as they can't do what they came to do.

Media information

Album
Fontana Lake, NC
Added by
PonTuna Salad
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back