Front View
bcpnick

Front View

Thanks for the idea. My husband I were just trying to figure out how to mount our 8ft antenna for our marine radio.  We are getting ready for Powell.  Just bought our first pontoon. Figured Powell would be fun and relaxing on our pontoon.  How did the mounting hold up to the abuse for the mega 6ft waves in the channels? What about trailering? Did you leave it installed for the drive down?  

It's held up beautifully. I leave it on all the time, even trailering, and I trailer it a LOT. Just be sure to put your bimini in the lower position, as this does extend up beyond the bimini a bit. And don't back it up into tree branches like I did! I moved it over to my new boat when I bought it, so 6 months on this boat and now a year on the new one, and still holding up like day one. We've been through a lot of nasty stuff in between too. I did find that we have better reception when we loosen the handle and make the antenna more vertical. 

Awesome thanks.  It looked like on one of your post that you were running the yami 90.  How did it handle at Powell?  I wanted least a 115hp on ours but we ended up with a 90.  Being first time pontooners I worried about not having enough get up and for for the big lake.  Loaded down at Strawberry with 3 coolers 2 people and 2 fat little dogs we only got up to 18 mph.

The 90 did okay with good weather out there, but be extra cautious of anything else. Are you on twin 25's or some other hull config? You'll get a bit more power due to the thicker air compared to Strawberry. With a heavy load, I was doing about 17-18 mph WOT on Powell. Also, I didn't go super far from the marinas with the 90. As far north as Good Hope and as far south as midway up the Escalante. I don't think I'd try going up the San Juan with a 90 unless you had a lot of extra gas and time on your hands. 

Media information

Album
My VHF Radio/Antenna mount project
Added by
bcpnick
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back