Pontoon trip 006
ct0218

Pontoon trip 006

What's the silver looking thing in front of the motor?

A tankless water heater for showers, etc.

Bravo! I'm so excited to get my camper done! We bought a new 2350RBR, black boat, black tops and am having the full camper made a light grey with black screens rather than isenglass. We live in FL. Question though - how do you get comfortable to sleep? I bought one of those sterns blow up mattresses that conform to the bow seating but have a little tweaking left before i can call it comfortable. Curious to hear your inventive comfort.

I will add a couple photos of the bed bases I made. I used 1/2" 9 ply plywood, 17 1/2 " high with slots cut half way on each panel. Tough to explain, but if you have seen a case of glass jars or bottles with the cardboard separators in between each one--that is how these work. I think there are 5 panels for the front base, and 4 for the back base. The tops are 3 panels piano hinged on opposite sides for the front, and 2 panels for the rear. I can't get you accurate measurements until I use the boat again, but the panels are 14" to 17 1/2" wide, and 26" to 40" long. I store them in my center tube in-floor storage and the whole stack is 7" high. I did add some 1/2" vinyl J channel (drywall trim) caulked to the bottom edge of all vertical panels so that if the carpet gets wet the plywood won't delaminate. I sanded all rough edges so that the air mattresses won't get a splinter, and they sleep great, queen front and twin rear. I have the 2 filler seats that also serve as part of the bed support system. The panels only take 2-3 minutes to assemble.

Media information

Album
First time overnight
Added by
ct0218
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back