Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

1 more question...what’s you thoughts on the Sink Console upgrade

Discussion in 'Owners Chat: Options and Upgrades' started by dannyleininger, Nov 21, 2017.

1. adkboater

adkboater Well-Known Member

Don’t have the sink but have the wash down option. About 6 gallons of water/pump/hose. Perfect to help with cleaning the floor with spills, spraying the kids down after ice cream in town, but best of all to spray down my buddies with a 50hp on the way by!! ;)

PlaneFun likes this.
  2. jonesjj3

jonesjj3 Member

Ha Ha like that, I think we will def go with the wash down and maybe skip the sink as we could use the wash down to rinse hand off.

Vikingstaff likes this.
  3. dannyleininger

dannyleininger Well-Known Member

Jones...

When purchasing BOTH the Washdown and the Sink together, Bennington pressurizes the sink from the same pressure pump that works the Washdown. If ONLY the sink is puchased it operates from a pump mechanism and has a tank under the helm. That was the issue that got me to order the Sink and the Washdown!

4. dannyleininger

You hit the nail on the head! That is exactly why we ordered the 22SSX w Dual AFT Gates. The Dual Aft Gates gives you a small platform outside each gate which I really wanted. I also ordered the Stainless Steel ladder as is stows under the aft deck. I thought that was a better look. PS, I also went for the 150 hp and the Power Assist steering. We expect delivery to our dealer first week in Feb!!!

5. jonesjj3

jonesjj3 Member

Yup, I am going for the F200 i4 on mine with the Power Assist steering, I am wondering how hard or inconvenient is it to get the ladder out of under the deck?

6. dannyleininger

Other posts I read had suggested that it wasn’t an issue. I just liked that it wasn’t in the way...like when fishing and you gotta big one on! :-O

We ordered the Express Performance Package (2/3rds of a center toon) so we were limited to a 150. 40+/- mph is plenty for me.

7. jonesjj3

jonesjj3 Member

That is good to know on the ladder, I sent you a PM did you get it?

8. PlaneFun

PlaneFun Member

Thank you for the photo of the mid-ship bar. That looks really nice!