107 mph pontoon boat

Boomers dad

Reaction score
At the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout there was a pontoon with three 300hp Mercs that hit 107 mph :eek:

I believe second place went to a pontoon with dual I/Os that hit 104.

Those guys are crazy

Sounds like a fun ride if someone else is buying the fuel. I was looking for performance and speed in a pontoon. Although I don't get near that kind of speed from my Bennington. I have not regretted it.

andy

A pontoon going 107 mph.....hmmmmm...interesting. I have been on a cigarette boat running 98 mph and I can tell you that is fast on the water. I've also driven 118 mph in a car at a driving school and that did not feel nearly as fast as 98 mph on the water. Pretty cool and crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Shoot out is a heck of an event. Boats rafted up for miles and everyone having fun. If you go to Captain Rons you can get up close and personal with racers. Now we just we need some hot rod Bennington owner to go down there and bring the record home to us :D

Eric? Anyone? :lol:

The Shoot out is a heck of an event. Boats rafted up for miles and everone having fun. If you go to Captain Rons you can get up close and personal with racers. Now we just we need some hot rod Bennington owner to go down there and bring the record home to us :D

Eric? Anyone? :lol:
I haven't built my Hot Rod Pontoon yet. Other priorities keep cropping up, dangnabit!

Well, with a bit of factory sponsorship, i think we could get 4 'o them 350 hp babies mounted up, a shot of nos, and some ground[water]effects to keep her down, i could see a title there :p Whata ya say Bennington? :D

I read an article on both boats somewhere and the tubes under both boats are custom designed and built specifically for that high speed application.

Come on TB it just ain't right letting South Bay hold the title :angry:

Back