115 vs 150 Yamaha

I've read several times now about guys on the forum trimming WAY up to get max speed (1/2 or more).  I can trim up some, but very little, before it ventilates at max speed.  If I'm trimmed all the way in, I can press the trim up button only about 1 second before I ventilate.

What does that mean?

It might mean my motor is too high, but the speed I get is what everyone else with the same boat is getting (meaning I don't think I'm suffering too much because of it).  Just curious what people think.

I also have quite a bit of what I would describe as vertical spray.  My motor is always covered with droplets from the spray.  Am I the only one that this happens to?

This was the video I did last year. You can see I had to trim up a bit to get top speed. No ventilation unless I really brought it up

Hello every one!! First time poster here! I have had Bennington for about 12 years now. Just upgraded my 11 yr old boat. Bought a 23’ SCWXP. It’s has the 200HP Yamaha. This is the boggest motor I have ever had, my last benni had a 90HP So big upgrade!! First time on water this weekend, so I’m still in break in mode. Still can’t go full throttle, but what can I expect my top speed to be with this 200? Thanks for and advice in advance!

I'm assuming it's an SPS, probably in the 42-44 range, maybe a little more since the S series are lighter than my R was, congrats! I started with a 90hp and went to a 200hp as well!

I think Derrick is pretty close. Welcome and post some pictures!

Still can’t go full throttle, but what can I expect my top speed to be with this 200? Thanks for and advice in advance!

Lakeliving and I have both gotten over 44 mph with our 200s on a 24' S model, so if you tweak the trim right then you should get the same. Actually, I've gotten slightly higher speeds than Andy, but that's because we all know that crimson red boats are faster than blue ones. :)

Yep, scary stuff. And for someone to just put silicone on what they knew they screwed up is just awful.

The post was in the 115 vs. 150 yamaha thread:

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/threads/115-vs-150-yamaha.3318/page-2#post-116120

Just seeing this now. Living in the DC area I'm a Caps fan so I was transfixed on the game last night. I'm originally from Michigan (Utica) so I'll always first and foremost be a Wings fan, but I'm enjoying this moment now!

Here is a last minute picture of us getting off the water Saturday night. I’ll get better pictures soon!

Did you get yours from RJ?
Launching at Goshen Springs?

My personal best is 44.4 via GPS on my 24S with the yamaha 200. That is with a 15 pitch stainless prop and I believe John is running a 17 pitch on his.

Now that I'm at sea level I need to test this again.

Rub it in John!!!

45.0 is the target Andy. Just sayin'. And I'll also admit that speed was just once in perfect conditions, although I've been over 44.4 lots of times. (I like milking out top speeds on speed test runs, although my wife hates when I do them.)

My bigger issue is that my 8:47 AM post above was meant to be part of a private message convo Andy and I were having. Don't know how I buffooned that, and it makes no sense here. #fail!!

However, I am glad to be outed as a huge fan of both the Caps and Wings!

Back