115 Yamaha not pissing...

Hosstyle

Reaction score
When trying to run up my motor either on muffs or in a big bin water does not come out my pisser. Put boat back in water and water comes out like normal.
Any suggestions?

How many hours on the motor? are you getting flow at idle when on the water or only underway?

20hrs. Pretty sure I get flow at idle. Will double check in a bit

How old is motor? 20 hours on 3 year old motor is worse than 100 hours in 2 month old motor. Rubber gets hard and brittle over time.

I have a Yamaha 150 -- at home it would not work with a one-sided muff, I bought a two-sided muff and it works.

Oh yeah, you’ll never get it with one sided muffs.

As others have stated, not enough water volume.

This is common for Yamaha engines. Water pressure from the hose is usually the culprit. I suggest doing a top flush first w/o engine running, then use muffs afterward, but wait 1 minute before starting engine so water pump has chance to fill up. Works for me everytime.

My motor takes 10 to 15 seconds to pee after starting it up. Did you wait long enough before shutting it down?

A watched motor never pees...

If you have a big enough clean garbage can you can figure out a way to put your lower unit in there. The rain barrels are good because they usually have a drain on the bottom of it.

Back