12 volt coffee maker

lakebum

Reaction score
Sorry but I couldn't find the original thread on this. Overton's 2012 Spring master catalog has a 12 volt coffee maker on page 89. Pulls 13 amps, will brew 16 oz. in less than 15 minutes, cost $30. Hopes this helps the interested parties. Steve

I'm impressed it pulls 13 amps... wow that's a lot, but I never thought about what a coffee maker would pull. I learned something.

Steve

Better idea guys. 12 volt blender ? Stainless steel 50 oz. carafe. 90 watts 8amp draw ? Pina Coladas anyone ? Galleyware.com Newport, Delaware.

Last edited by a moderator:
gerry, try this one....called a "duck fart"....1/3 Kahlua, 1/3 Crown Royal, 1/3 Bailey's....serve chilled or on ice. Steve

gerry, try this one....called a "duck fart"....1/3 Kahlua, 1/3 Crown Royal, 1/3 Bailey's....serve chilled or on ice. Steve
Steve, sub. Makers for the Crown and your on ! SKOAL !!!

Steve, sub. Makers for the Crown and your on ! SKOAL !!!
Used to really love the Crown, till my old boss gave me some of Gibson's Finest, no going back! Especially if you get the corked rare bottle, smooth as silk!

Steve, for comparison, a similar 120 volt pot would pull just 1.3 amps.
Makes perfect sense... about exactly the same wattage.

Steve

For about $230 you can get an inverter that changes 12 volts to 120 volts AC for up to 1000 Watts. This will run most kitchen appliances. I have one but do not have it installed yet in my 2575RSI. I will let you know how it works.

:D Propane is good !!! B) Gerry
Haha, keeps gas in the tank hey Gerry! You might even know a good source for propane!

Derrick

Yes Derrick. As Hank says, that would fall under "propane and propane accessories" Ha-Ha :lol: Gerry

New to the site.

I have a '05 2275RL w/115 Yamaha which we bought brand new. 3 years ago I added a cheap inverter and mounted it under the seat next to the helm seat. I ran the wires directly to the battery by drilling a small hole in the back of the seat. I mounted it up high enough so water wouldn't easily get to it. The inverter has a on/off switch on the side and when I need to run my blender.....presto...MUD SLIDES!! Just need to always remember to turn it off....oopps. Left it on one time and....yea....had to be jump started one evening launching our boat just so we could go for a cruise.

Point is....its cheap to setup a inverter to run small appliances

Back