1st Bennington

Looneymoose

Reaction score
Hello, We just purchased our first pontoon and it's a Bennington 20Sli w/ Yamaha T50. We thought about going with the new F70 but our lake is only 247 acres. So where are we going to go? It took for ever to get built and delivered to the dealer. Purchase 01/22/11 and did not see it until 05/06/11 will be delivered to our lake on 05/21/11. Now if Wisconsin can get a few weeks of summer this year we should have a great time. Been cold and rainy.

We had some custom work on it. We deleted the port side couch and replaced it with a live well in the corner and added the up graded reclining helm chair, larger teak table, tilt steering, fish locator, Java head lights, Chrome Bennington Lettering, Mocha Palm Carpet, Fishing Chair mounted on the rear deck, and 25 inch toons. Regatta Blue w/ Gold and Silver Striping, Monchrome Vinyl,2 portable cup holders,& privacy curtain, Minnkota deckhand 40 automatic anchor, and a bunk trailer.

Our pontoon will be a big change from our previous high power boats. But our new log cabin is on such a small lake our Fourwinns did not see water for 3 years. Simply just to big and to much power for our new lake. We did not want to tick of our new neighbors. We had to make a change. Bennington just seemed like the most bang and quality for the buck.

Looking forward to talking with all of you.

Congrats on your new Bennington, Looneymoose! Please post pics for us when it arrives. It's sounds really nice!!
laugh.gif

Is the Mocha Palm Carpet snap out or permanent??

Have you seen the Chrome lettering on the boat? We ordered it but were told that it wasn't available for the 20 Sli. Hope it is because we would still like to put it on ours!

Enjoy!!

The T50 in that boat will get you right around 17.5 mph with a 14x9 prop.

Thank You, No we did not get the snap out carpet. I did have it on a prior fiberglass boat. I just felt Bennington was charging more than I cared to spend on it. Howerver Yes, I did see the chrome raised lettering on our boat. And also the Large B for the Bennington Logo was also chromed. The lettering is on all four sides. It is available.

I will post photos when we take delivery. This coming weekend is to be our delivery date but we may have to go out of town and most likely will have to put it off.

I am not sure what prop is coming on the boat. All I know is it is a High Thrust prop. I know it is not a speedster that is for sure.
Just so you know, that's a mercury prop I was referring to.

And you're right...

It's no speed demon.

A 90hp engine would get you another 5mp, but that's still not real fast. Then again, it's good enough inland lakes.

Just so you know, that's a mercury prop I was referring to.

And you're right...

It's no speed demon.

A 90hp engine would get you another 5mp, but that's still not real fast. Then again, it's good enough inland lakes.
My lake is only 247 acres with 80% boatable. That is why I went with the Yamaha T50 rather than the Yamaha F70. The dealer tried to save me some money with a 25 Mercury Bigfoot but the biggest problem I have on my lake is wind. I told him I was more interested in having some power when I need it. But with 247 acres where am I going to go?

We are having it delivered Saturday. And another rainy weekend is predicted again.

Back