2 bunk trailer for a tri toon ok?

JasonLepore

Reaction score
I could have sworn that I asked for a TRI Toon trailer for my boat but it came in as only a 2 bunk trailer...The boat dealer has been good with things and I am not making a big deal over it...they said that I do not need the middle bunks to hold the center toon,,,I was just a little concerned with that... I am Not going to be trailering the boat long distances or that often,,,Mostly just in and out of the water a few times a year to clean it and to store it on the trailer in the winter..I am keeping the boat in the water all summer... Might take it to the shore once a year which is like a 75 mile drive... Do you think it will be ok? I have 3 Full length toons.... Thanks Again !!!

I could have sworn that I asked for a TRI Toon trailer for my boat but it came in as only a 2 bunk trailer...The boat dealer has been good with things and I am not making a big deal over it...they said that I do not need the middle bunks to hold the center toon,,,I was just a little concerned with that... I am Not going to be trailering the boat long distances or that often,,,Mostly just in and out of the water a few times a year to clean it and to store it on the trailer in the winter..I am keeping the boat in the water all summer... Might take it to the shore once a year which is like a 75 mile drive... Do you think it will be ok? I have 3 Full length toons.... Thanks Again !!!
You show Jersey as home....Ask Lefty and Spike what they think you should do!

I think this is a question for TB and Bennington's engineers.

But, the thought that comes to mind is given the cost of 2x4s and carpet, and some hardware, I'd press the dealer to do the right thing and set you up right. You spent a lot of bucks on the boat, and just tell him you are worried about it and it just doesn't feel right. He's not going to want to lose your future business over it. Don't talk yourself into the story that you won't use the trailer much.

You will have peace of mind every time you hit a bump.

I think this is a question for TB and Bennington's engineers.

But, the thought that comes to mind is given the cost of 2x4s and carpet, and some hardware, I'd press the dealer to do the right thing and set you up right. You spent a lot of bucks on the boat, and just tell him you are worried about it and it just doesn't feel right. He's not going to want to lose your future business over it. Don't talk yourself into the story that you won't use the trailer much.

You will have peace of mind every time you hit a bump.
It just sucks that I am picking it up this Friday...and I priced it with it....but I am so over any more negotiating....I will just get it done myself later if needed... He still says it is Fine without the middle bunks.... I have more concern storing it with no center toon support... Just something I did not want to notice or deal with a week before pick up day.... Now just need that spring weather back,,,, Dropped 50 degrees this week....

Jason, My tri-toon has a two bunk trailer and it is an '05. I don't know when this trailer was put with this boat, could've been since new. It seems to have suffered no ill effects. That being said, I have acquired the parts and pieces to put a 10' center bunk in. I think the motor is what needs the support so I'm stopping at 10'. Just for peace of mind. Steve

Like Lakebum, we had a two bunk trailer under our 04 tritoon since it was new until last year. We trailer A LOT! We had no issues with the trailer or toon. My brother needed a trailer last year, so I took the opportunity and sold the dual bunk to him and bought a new triple bunk of the same brand. To my suprise, the 3rd bunk is just a bolt-on kit that I could have installed on my old trailer at any time had I just looked into it.....duh. I always assumed that it would have fixed / welded support brackets for strength......nope. I do like the piece of mind of knowing that I have the proper support under my center tube / engine, but the dual bunk worked great for 7 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back