2000 Bennington FS2575 Tritoon repower

wolfman

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Tritoon FS2575 that has a 150 Johnson 2 stroke installed.  I would like to power it up to 225HP 4 stroke.  Anyone had experience doing such a repower?  I'm thinking it will require reinforcement of the engine mountings on the boat.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

What does the capacity tag state?

The tag says 150HP, that is why I'm thinking it would need some reinforcement. 

Regards

Wolfman, FYI it is illegal to power a boat above the stated tag and could result in a ticket.  Not sure if it is possible to reinforce the transom and then be able to get a higher tag.  Perhaps some of the others have more insight

I suggest contacting a dealer or Gas Monkey Garage, Chip Foose, Fantom works, or maybe Deiselsellerz. Might make for some good TV.

Your insurance is also invalid. Lots of liability. 

I suggest contacting a dealer or Gas Monkey Garage, Chip Foose, Fantom works, or maybe Deiselsellerz. Might make for some good TV.

My new favorite is Detroit Steel. This weeks episode they were at a scrap yard and a auto salvage place within a mile from my house. Pretty cool to see your local roads etc on national TV. Plus their Brighton shop is just down the road. I think that is pretty cool.

OK, I guess it is not possible.  I'll just get a newer 4 stroke when the old Johnson gives it up.  Thanks for all the input!

Back