2001 Benningtin 2575 RL Eletrical Schmatic

SteveElk

Reaction score
Bennington, anyone out there: Boy, feel like I'm out of date with you guys but  I own a 2001 2575RL pontoon. Great boat! Recently I was cleaning the cigarette lighter to remove the corrosion build up. I was using this as my electrical source for a Sirius XM radio. Used sandpaper  on sides and then the dumb side of me appeared and I attempted cleaning the back side with screw driver. Sparks flew. I've tried locating an inline fuse. The radio and depth finder are turned on by a dash switch  (breaker?). I replaced this breaker. Now not at all sure I have made correct connections to this breaker. Anyway switch still will not turn on.

Can someone direct a dummy on correct connections to this breaker and where else to look for blown fuse(s). Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for prompt reply but when I click on site I'm taken to another forum page not the electrical diagram. Yes, the switch has a round button beneath it which you advise is a circuit breaker. I'm assuming that if that button is pushed in it resets the breaker??? However, if that is the case when I attempted to reset breaker nothing happened. I then replaced breaker and wasn't sure I got the correct wires to the correct posts. So now I've really got things screwed up. I did check inline fuse at battery and it was OK.

I don't know if the site I was to click on shows proper connections to breaker since I could get it to open. I'm new to this forum so I may not have clicked correct site. I'm calling it a "site" when I should refer to URL(?).

I know house electrical well having built my home but anything mechanical is Greek, so to speak. If it seems a waste of your time to continue with me I'll understand. Much thanks for trying, Steve        

I can't get you to a diagram but that thread has many diagrams/PDF's that will work. Most of the wiring for the switches/dash are the same.Some dashes have more than others.

As for the connections at the breaker, as long as you are using the same 2 wires that came off of the old one, wire position should not matter. It's just like a fuse, no polarity concerns.

Get a 12v test light or a dvom (volt meter) and test for voltage on both sides of the breaker, 12v on one side and not the other-bad breaker, no voltage on either one-no source voltage, 12v on both-breaker is good, bad socket.

Geoffrey, thanks for the advisec on second fuse near motor. I checked again and found this overlooked fuse. It was blown. Replaced the fuse. That solved my radio problem. But the 12V socket either is bad or has an electrical problem. Tried starting my Sirius XM radio which uses a plug-in adapter that is inserted in the 12V socket. This provides the electrical power to the Sirius XM radio. I don't have the knowledge to hardwire the radio. So I've ordered a new Sirius XM that is designed be hardwired to my stereo via  couple of plugins to the stereo which is satellite ready. It could have been the Sirius XM electrical adapter was bad. I appreciate your advise on the second fuse. Thks, Steve

The wiring on the outlet may be backwards.

Yup ^^^^ what Carl said. This has been seen in the past. Center post should be positive , outer ring negative.

Back