2007 Bennington Locator Transducer Wire

SaveTexoma

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to replace my depth finder with a newer one. I have removed the old one from the dash, removed the power wire. The transducer wire runs under the floor on the starboard side, goes under the boat and travels down the port side toon.
This is all hidden with aluminum under pin. The wire will not pull through, nor can I see the wire once its reaches the hole, no visible wire until it pops out along the port side toon. The transducer I have is a solid wire that will need to be installed. How can I access the transducer wire, as well as all the other wires that run under the boat. Is there an access panel underneath it hidden somewhere?

If you have under skinning you have to remove it and fish the wire using fish tape. Harbor Freight, Lowes, Home Depot sell the fish tape/rods. The existing transducer wire is probably connected to the bottom of deck with wire anchors so that’s why you can’t pull that one.

Hi, I'm trying to replace my depth finder with a newer one. I have removed the old one from the dash, removed the power wire. The transducer wire runs under the floor on the starboard side, goes under the boat and travels down the port side toon.
This is all hidden with aluminum under pin. The wire will not pull through, nor can I see the wire once its reaches the hole, no visible wire until it pops out along the port side toon. The transducer I have is a solid wire that will need to be installed. How can I access the transducer wire, as well as all the other wires that run under the boat. Is there an access panel underneath it hidden somewhere?

where is tims post, i need it also. thanks!

I have the sps package. I did it by only removing the circled plate. I used the natural curve of the metal fish tape to my advantage. 20180607_095957.jpg

Back