2010 2275RLi with yamaha 115 how fast should it go

lakewis

Reaction score
I have a 2010 2275RLi 2 25" toons with a Yamaha 115 prop is a qa2032x13p it will with less than a 1/2 tank of gas and 4 people in it will only go 21mph @ 6000 rpm. it seems to be slower than I would have thought it should be. I just bought the boat so I was looking for what people think it should be able to do. Thanks for any input

In addition to engine size many factors affect speed. Lifting strakes, toon cleanliness, trim, prop. etc. I don’t have a 115 but I think under the right conditions 28-30 would be realistic.

I have a 2012 2275RL with a Yamaha 115. Prior to adding the Express Toon package my WOT with just me and KP was about 26 and with 4 people on it dropped to about what you are saying.

When I had a two toon with 115 my max speed with two people was 24 MPH.

I have a 2012 2275RL with a Yamaha 115. Prior to adding the Express Toon package my WOT with just me and KP was about 26 and with 4 people on it dropped to about what you are saying.
Thanks for the response. If you do not mined me asking what was the price for adding express tube, and was it worth it. What is the WOT with the express toon installed. Thanks.

Sent you a pm

From my observations on this site and my personal experience, there seems to be a notable performance improvement with the F115LB (2015+) Yamaha vs the previous model. I'm pushing 29 mph with two people on an 24SSBXP. I can't prove it (test results coming soon) yet but I think under skinning makes a difference too.

Back