2010 Bennington 24 SLI - what to look for?

What a deal! Even if you have to put a little money into it.

Looking good! Seems to be a hit with the family too!

Decided to take the boat to the local Yamaha certified master tech shop today. Even though seller said he did an oil change in the spring (and I believe him), I wanted to get an annual service done for me, just so I would know where I stood. Plus, he didn't use a Yamaha certified guy and did not know how many hours were on the motor, and I was curious. Final thing bugging me was that the steering felt a little weird. "Off". Loose, notchy, like maybe a hydraulic issue.

Service was completed this afternoon. Tech discovered that the steering was installed incorrectly when boat was first put together, 8 years ago. In his words, "they used the wrong hole, then used a bunch of washers as shims". Not exactly sure what that means, but he says he fixed all of that and some other loose parts in the steering. Says it should be good as new now.

And he ran the diagnostics on the motor. Including the 5 or so hours I have put on the boat since I've owned it, the motor has a whopping 224 hours. Diagnostics showed no issues. I am pleased!

The old saying "Trust but verify" wisely used here. Congrats!

I have a 2011 24SLI. I am wanting to add the express toon with the storage area. Does anyone know where to purchase this? Thanks

Personally I would check with Bennington on warranty implications unless that doesn't bother you. I'm sure cutting a hole in the center of the floor could impact that. Have you talked to your dealer?

Back