2012 2250 RCL

jfluhr18

Reaction score
I am looking at a used 2012 2250 RCL. This boat was returned under warranty to bennington because of performance issues. I guess it was having problems with bow lift since it only had twin logs. Bennington has since added an express package to it. The concern I have with it is its not the full express tube in the middle. It could only go back about half way because of the fuel talk placement which is a concern on its own. I guess my question is, has anyone had experience with this and what do you think of the setup. Oh, it has a 150 merc on it. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Why are you looking at a different boat now? Your 24SLX3 should be on it's way.

As Derrick stated in your other post, they added the express tube. Probably to try to satisfy a customer that expected too much from a 2 toon boat.

If you ordered the boat you really want, don't second guess yourself and settle for something you may not be happy with.

It only takes a few hours to prep/rig a new boat, so give your dealer the chance to make good on his word, and if there is a delay, wouldn't you rather wait another day then settle for something less?

Patience grasshopper! :)

Why are you looking at a different boat now? Your 24SLX3 should be on it's way.

As Derrick stated in your other post, they added the express tube. Probably to try to satisfy a customer that expected too much from a 2 toon boat.

If you ordered the boat you really want, don't second guess yourself and settle for something you may not be happy with.

It only takes a few hours to prep/rig a new boat, so give your dealer the chance to make good on his word, and if there is a delay, wouldn't you rather wait another day then settle for something less?

Patience grasshopper! :)
My patience has run out on the 24slx3. It was originally suppose to be manufactured over a month ago and its still not finished even thought the most recent build date was Monday. I did not order that boat specifically, it was just a boat the dealer had on order. Now that summer is half over we are looking at the 2250 RCL since they have it in stock. Just looking to get some input on the setup they put on it. I talked to the dealer again this am and he said with a few people on the front, it was dipping and causing cavitation and that's why they added the express tube but is not as long as on others because of the fuel tank placement.

I guess i assumed you had ordered the 24slx3, that's what i get for assuming. :wacko:

While i do not have any personal experience with that set up, i do recall there being a concern with the fuel tank plowing into the water, and putting on the express tube seems to have solved that issue.

But i don't think it should have been cavitating unless there was way too much weight up front, so i would be a bit concerned if the motor was mounted low enough. Ask the dealer about that.

Since it is a used boat at the dealer, see if they will take you out for a test drive to make sure it meets your expectations, and if the price is right, go for it!

And make sure it is underskinned.

Also verify what type of warranty they will give you on it. Will it be "new" warranty being it was a "warranty" return ...... Just a thought.

My Two Cents...,

The boat you're looking at is what's at our dock. We purchased a '12 2250 RCL last August as the seating arrangement sold us. The remainder of 2012 (15.3 hours with winterization in WI by early Oct) w/o a wave shield & the tank was a bit "gulp, did I just feel the surge again?!" Long story short, this summer with a middle tube & skinning in place (installed while on the trailer), it's the dream boat we always wanted. With a F150 and 14 1/2" x 15 pitch Reliance, we're topping at 38.1 (GPS). Without strakes, I'd say that isn't bad! Had an Enertia 16 x 14 but it just bit too much water with the 3rd tube (32 @ 5300 max rpm). Seriously, with the tubelet (factory nomenclature) in place you'll never notice the hanging tank but you WILL enjoy the approx 800# additional displacement. Go for it! God Bless those dudes & dudettes (?) in Elkhart who make us smile!

Navy LDO

Also verify what type of warranty they will give you on it. Will it be "new" warranty being it was a "warranty" return ...... Just a thought.
they are giving me a new warrenty as if it was being sold as a new boat!!

My Two Cents...,

The boat you're looking at is what's at our dock. We purchased a '12 2250 RCL last August as the seating arrangement sold us. The remainder of 2012 (15.3 hours with winterization in WI by early Oct) w/o a wave shield & the tank was a bit "gulp, did I just feel the surge again?!" Long story short, this summer with a middle tube & skinning in place (installed while on the trailer), it's the dream boat we always wanted. With a F150 and 14 1/2" x 15 pitch Reliance, we're topping at 38.1 (GPS). Without strakes, I'd say that isn't bad! Had an Enertia 16 x 14 but it just bit too much water with the 3rd tube (32 @ 5300 max rpm). Seriously, with the tubelet (factory nomenclature) in place you'll never notice the hanging tank but you WILL enjoy the approx 800# additional displacement. Go for it! God Bless those dudes & dudettes (?) in Elkhart who make us smile!

Navy LDO
Thanks for the info! Its exactly what I wanted to know & hear. I am picking up the boat in about 2 hours and I am on Vacation for the next week. cant wait to be a benni owner!!

Congrats! Pics, or it didn't happen. B)

Congrats! Pics, or it didn't happen. B)
I will try to get pics tomorrow. I'm like a little kid in a candy store right now....cant wait to pick it up!!

Yup, just like the day before Christmas.

...and we have another Hawkeye Boat Sales customer.

Wow, that's a sweet setup !! Congrats !!!

Very, very nice. Noticed the power bimini top. Sweet ! Is the stern pressure treated 2x4 an option on the 2250 RCL ? :p Gerry

Very, very nice. Noticed the power bimini top. Sweet ! Is the stern pressure treated 2x4 an option on the 2250 RCL ? :p Gerry
I believe that is the limited edition "Walk the plank" option!

You didn't mention the power top. Absolutely love mine.The rear legs are something different. In case you don't know, when you are anchored, if you will point the stern towards the setting sun, in the afternoon when the sun shines under everyone else's top you can tilt yours and shade the whole boat. Steve

Back