2012 2274GL 150 History and Performance Report

Smoky Mountain

Reaction score
It took a week to get through the initial "negotiations" at the boat show and get factory questions answered. I also thank this website and the participants for their input. Signed the order today. 2012 2274GL with Yamaha 150LTR

Options:

Power Assist/Hydro Steering

33 Gallon Tank

Depth Graph

Double Bimini

Dual Battery w/switch

Express Performance Package (3 25inch tubes and wave shield)

Full Vinyl Floor with snap in carpet

Extended Swim Deck 18inches

Pylon

Gray/Black/no graphics

5 Year Yamaha Warranty

I am a little concerned with the 2274 configuration (4 gates) that it might put the console too far back and interfere with traffic flow to the stern. Anyone have any first hand experience with this configuration?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats ... I'm putting our deposit down this week ... I'm looking at the same options but the Sti model ,, $30,100.00

Did you make out good with negotiations?

Congrats ... I'm putting our deposit down this week ... I'm looking at the same options but the Sti model ,, $30,100.00

Did you make out good with negotiations?
Not that good that's for sure. Not even close as a matter of fact. You should feel good about that price if it is nearly an apples to apples comparison.

This is the first and last new boat we have/will ever purchased. I have always done well in the past (this our 10th boat) buying used. Probably should have bought used again.

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't been quite so hasty with the process and had done a little more shopping and "working" the deal. My bad. Oh well, it won't hurt until we go to sell it and I find out what a beating we will take.

Looking forward to the rig though.

Not that good that's for sure. Not even close as a matter of fact. You should feel good about that price if it is nearly an apples to apples comparison.

This is the first and last new boat we have/will ever purchased. I have always done well in the past (this our 10th boat) buying used. Probably should have bought used again.

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't been quite so hasty with the process and had done a little more shopping and "working" the deal. My bad. Oh well, it won't hurt until we go to sell it and I find out what a beating we will take.

Looking forward to the rig though.
What is an Sti?? I didn't find it on the website.

I am a little concerned with the 2274 configuration (4 gates) that it might put the console too far back and interfere with traffic flow to the stern. Anyone have any first hand experience with this configuration?
I never had a problem with it.

I never had a problem with it.
CAD drawing that was generated for this 2274 configuration with four gates allows only 11 inches between the helm chair and bench.

W/o the starboard gate and the helm back in the foward position (2275 configuration) there is 22 inches.

I can't really speak to your CAD drawing; all I can do is tell you that I never had a problem with my 4-door boat.

I appreciate the input. Do you use the port and starboard gatess more than accessing the main space using the fore or aft access?

My dock is set-up so that the starboard gate might be the most convenient access point embarking or debarking. But, easy access would also be from the fore gate or aft on a long dock.

I just don't want a traffic jam at the helm zone when there is a great deal of aft activity. Perhaps I am over reacting and the more gates the better?

Here is the 2275 with 22 inches between the helm and rear bench. No starboard gate.

2275-GL.png

Here is the 2274 with 11 inches. Starboard gate.

2274-GL.png

Truth is, I hardly ever use the bow or port gates. If I had to hazard a guess I would say I use the Starboard gate 2/3 - 3/4 of the time and the Stern gate the rest of the time; all because those are the two closest gates to the helm and I usually boat alone.

The only accommodation to the narrower area I make is rotating the captains seat counterclockwise whenever I get up.

I never measured the gap, but I do know that I'm not a small man, so if I can get through there without any issues, I'd imagine anyone could.

Smokey don't feel too bad about the price,, you have the G series ... I got the S series and I opted not to get the snap in carpet I just got full vinyl, I also skipped the ski tow bar and got the ski harness,, those 2 alone is almost 2000 and I took the 1000.00 credit from Yamaha instead of warranty for the 4th and 5th year... I said the same thing,,, keeping this boat for a very long time ,,,

Mine is Yamaha I called this marina about this one and that price includes the trailer .. I'm getting mine separate too... But that one had a few extra options but was also missing other ones,, plus shipping,, I figured it's better to stay local and go with this dealer instead

Eric, I guess that makes your boat a "4-door sedan" , Mine I guess is a 'hatchback". Steve
I think I better keep that starboard gate. Good point on rotating the helm chair a bit. Given the choice I would probably dock to starboard on any approach if available.

I have the 2274gli and the fourth door comes in handy for docking. The space between the helm seat and rear seat isn't a issue. The only time I have it all the way back is when I am parked.

I have the 2274gli and the fourth door comes in handy for docking. The space between the helm seat and rear seat isn't a issue. The only time I have it all the way back is when I am parked.
I appreciate that assessment. We did the four door. Worst case... Wet people shaking water off on the Captain.

I appreciate that assessment. We did the four door. Worst case... Wet people shaking water off on the Captain.
With the on-set of an unusually warm Spring here in east TN and attempting to reign in my impending excitement, I called my local dealer to see if they had an updated delivery date. Seems that 8-10 weeks may be more like 7. We may be on the water in a couple of weeks!!

I just purchased a 2274GL last Saturday. Been looking at pontoons for almost two years and finally took the plunge. Mine is similar to Smokey's but its Regatta blue. Express performance package and mocha palm carpet. Got the 150 yamaha as well with the extended platform. The dealer had one just like it with the express or 150 so it was pretty easy to understand the layout etc. I was worried about the room between the helm and the reach bench, but it really didn't seem to be a problem. We got the stainless steel lcd lights up front as well.

We got the 33 gallon fuel tank. It was really a no brainer, the dealer fills up the tank on delivery and the extra 7 gallons or fuel offset half of the cost of the upgrade. We were able to slip into a manufacturing slot that the dealer already had on order so we are looking at the first week of May.

This is my first post, and glad to see all of the activity from the Bennington owners and look forward to getting mine very soon.

I just purchased a 2274GL last Saturday. Been looking at pontoons for almost two years and finally took the plunge. Mine is similar to Smokey's but its Regatta blue. Express performance package and mocha palm carpet. Got the 150 yamaha as well with the extended platform. The dealer had one just like it with the express or 150 so it was pretty easy to understand the layout etc. I was worried about the room between the helm and the reach bench, but it really didn't seem to be a problem. We got the stainless steel lcd lights up front as well.

We got the 33 gallon fuel tank. It was really a no brainer, the dealer fills up the tank on delivery and the extra 7 gallons or fuel offset half of the cost of the upgrade. We were able to slip into a manufacturing slot that the dealer already had on order so we are looking at the first week of May.

This is my first post, and glad to see all of the activity from the Bennington owners and look forward to getting mine very soon.
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the site! I'm Still waiting to hear when my build date is, its only been just over a week, but with this nice weather we've been having, it's killing me waiting! Haha even though all our lakes still have ice on them!

Derrick

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the site! I'm Still waiting to hear when my build date is, its only been just over a week, but with this nice weather we've been having, it's killing me waiting! Haha even though all our lakes still have ice on them!

Derrick
Its been almost like summer down here in Georgia the last week. Our lakes are covered with pollen not ice, but still can't wait for the boat to be delivered.

Back