2012 2275 GCW

Fudster

Reaction score
We are new to your site but am happy there is a place to go to talk about our beautiful Bennington boats. Thanks for sponsoring this sight.

We have a 2012 2275 GCW that we bought new 6 years ago. I have for about a year tried to find the rubber strap that secures the ladder that is inserted into the boat from the stern when not in use. There is a lot of pressure on the strap as it is stretched when securing the ladder. Our strap broke and I have attempted to use gorilla glue but it would not hold. I have been to my dealer and he either cannot locate the strap or is just to busy to fool with a low dollar item. I understand you can't go directly to Bennington but I cannot for the life of me find the part number so I can go the supplier to locate one myself. Does anyone have a clue where to find what I need? Thanks.

Fudster, my 2012 ladder strap is not rubber but more of like a vinyl or plastic strap that has a snap. Perhaps ypu could go to a local canvas shop and have him make one for you

You could have it made from the same material as the strap on the mooring cover .You could also get a snap kit and make it your self .

The snap on our vinyl webbed strap broke off almost immediately and our dealer ordered a replacement. Apparently that is a common occurrence but it sounds like you have a slightly different set-up. That said, our standard ladder stayed in place without a functioning strap.

I have the same setup and have gone through 3 rubber straps that I was able to get from the dealer. After the last one broke two years ago, I have been running without a strap and have never had the ladder deploy while underway. Just some food for thought for when the new strap breaks.
Jack

Thanks Jack 65K. I have a new rubber strap on the way and if it breaks I will follow your advice and just live with it. For two years the ladder has never left its post without a strap.
The last time I replaced my strap I sprayed it with the 303 protectant because my last strap seemed “sun baked”. Figured it couldn’t hurt and it’s still feels flexible over a year later.

Last edited:
Back