2012 Bennington 2075gl

Hoss

Reaction score
Am ordering a 2012 2075gl without extended aft deck and with mercury 50 bigfoot . Anybody have one that can give me any ideas or experiences that they have had with one. And where is the retractable ski pylon located. Under the sundeck or on the rear platform where ??? Thanks Hoss

Can't answer your question on ski pole placement, but I do have something for you to consider. I assume since you want a ski pole you plan tow at least a tube. I purchased my 2250 with a 115 4 stroke the same week my brother picked up his 20ft bennie. He has a 50hp as well. I delivered his boat for him and drove it. 50hp is really not sufficient hp for tubing. It will be a pretty dull ride for the tuber and you will need to run the boat wide open while doing that. Suggest you bump the motor up if you can. You won't be sorry. I am sorry I did not go with the 150 on my boat. Lots of folks told me a 115 would be OK, and it is just that, just OKish.

Am ordering a 2012 2075gl without extended aft deck and with mercury 50 bigfoot . Anybody have one that can give me any ideas or experiences that they have had with one. And where is the retractable ski pylon located. Under the sundeck or on the rear platform where ??? Thanks Hoss
Well, if you decide to stick with the 50, I can tell you which prop to use... The 14x9p Mercury. And, don't buy a tube. Get something that has a streamlined shape to it.

BTW, there's nothing wrong with running your engine at max RPM all day. They're designed to do that. Outboards I mean. I/O's are basically car engines at heart and I wouldn't do the same thing with them.

But seriously...

Buy the biggest engine you can afford.

I have a 2075 gli with ESP and a 150 hp Yamaha. We waterski,tube and wakeboard. It is awesome. You will love it, but I would go with a bigger motor if you still can at least a 90 or 115hp. The ski pole is built into the sun deck.

I have a 2075 GLi 2 25" toons with a 90hp Yamaha, for tubing and kneeboarding, it is ok, you really have to work the wake to try to dump someone, especially an adult. Usually I get tired of cranking on the wheel before they fall off! Damn I wish I had power steering!!! Hahaha as for ski pole, yes you lose the cup holder in the sundeck and it slides up and locks into place there. Although when retracted you can still set a drink on top of the tow bar nicely. If at all possible, increase your engine size! I know it's tough to find more money when your already spending this much for a new boat, but if you do want to tube and pull stuff, you will need a bigger engine. Just my thoughts. I should sell you mine with the 90 so I can order a 200!!! Hahaha

But you'll love the Bennies!!

Thanks for all the advice we are not big time tubers just want to pull a floating lounge tube around sometime and small kids a little someday will get big power and bigger bennie . looked at all of the makes and found the bennie to be the best built of all of them....

When we got our 2250 with the 115 I said the same thing. I really wasn't planning an much tubing, figured when I did I would pull single person tube. As it turns out I am tubing most of the time, and wish I had the 150. If your going to own the boat for a long time things change, in a few years you might find you are doing a lot of tubing. You can always lay off the throttle, but you can't add HP you don't have :) BTW if you decide to tube I suggest the airhead rip II tube. It is steerable tube with a closed bottom, and moves well in the water. Steering allows the rider to steer into the wake vs you having to zig-zag them into into it. While it's designed as a single the teenages double up on it for more fun (sit/kneel side by side), and that doesn't create all that more drag then towing one person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back