2013 2550 RCB delivered. Disappointing

Thanks TomS...that's exactly how it looks. I hope this isn't the correct mfg appearance...it's just plain wrong. The dealer acted as surprised as I did, they didn't think it was correct either. Guess we'll see, Thanks for taking the time to show the picture.
No problem at all. It's a great group of folks here to help out and answer questions. And TB checks in on occasion to provide an insider view and sometimes help move things along as well. Overall it's a good working relationship and a friendly place.

I know camper top integration with bimini's is sometimes tough to get right so hopefully they'll come up with a solution for you quickly. The seat situation I find hard to explain, but you can be sure someone at the factory had some logical reason for it. I'm inclined to agree with you though, it doesn't look right to me. We chose the basic Sandstone pillow top so never really discussed it when we ordered.

Hmmm very intriguing. I was thinking if we did magically sell our current boat and go for the tower, the wife and I (read that as wife, my opinion doesn't count :) ) had thought of the diamond stitching. Now I'm not sure if it isn't on the corner seats. I suppose I can understand it being more difficult with the turn, but Hmmm?

Derrick, I'm with you. I wonder why they would leave it out of the corners? I'm sure there's a reason, but esthetically it just looks odd.

I wouldn't be happy with that either! It looks way wrong to me. If that's the way it's designed then you are stuck with it. Have you called Bennington customer service? I have spoken to them several times and they where always helpfull.

Thanks to all of you. No, I have not been in direct contact w/Bennington. I elected to have the dealer handle it. . . as they asked. I'll run it up the chain of command if necessary. This dealer has a good reputation in Austin. I'll be patient for a while. Unfortunately I think TomS is correct about the diamond pattern being the way it is from Bennington, but in living color it looks awful. It's even more glaring when the bow seat is in place with the diamond pattern.

It looks really cheap on an otherwise beautiful interior. Either way, the seats will have to be exchanged because of the foam "bumps" under the vinyl.

I will post progress....good or bad as it happens.

Watched a bunch of videos and it looks like none of the curved seats have the diamond stitching. Definitely makes me re-think that option.

Greg... chin up man... I feel pretty good that Bennington will resolve your issues... I know it's a let down when you have such high expectations with the arrival of a new boat, and then you run into all these issues... with regard to the nuts and bolts missing on the motor / steering mechanism..... I may be completely wrong here but isn't the dealer responsible for rigging the outboard and connecting all the steering cables? When I bought my boat a little over 2 years ago, the dealer rigged the motor....Like I said, I may very well be wrong here, but that sounds like a dealer issue, not really Bennington's fault.... In any event, I'm sure they'll get everything worked out to your satisfaction.....

Back