2014 20' Bennington SLM Water coming through floor

raincoinc

Reaction score
IMG_0679.JPG IMG_0687.JPG I have a 2014 20' Bennington SLM that has water coming through the floor causing the carpet to soak a 4' x 4' area to the left of driver pod storage. Anyone else have this happen ??? Dealer tried to say it was red ice chest in pic......wrong answer......no drain plug !!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum raincoinc!!! First of all check to see if you have the aluminum underskinning on your boat. If you look under and you can see wood crossmembers all the way down from forward to back you don't have it installed. If that's the case when you are underway water is splashing up and hitting those crossmembers resulting in the boat surging and causing the water to somehow make it through and getting your carpet wet. The aluminum underskinning installed on those crossmembers makes for a flat surface and prevents water from coming into contact with them resulting in a smoother dry surge free ride......Do a search on this forum about the underskinning. There are a couple videos that members have posted that show exactly what I am talking about .....

What Daril said.

What CWag said

We would get this to a lesser degree on our last boat that did not have under skin and had a heavy load.

Has anyone done there own underskinning ??? Or if you've had a dealer installed underskinning done approx.how much $$$$$
Thanks

There was a former member on here that did that I recall Hapehour. He's since moved on to other things but there should be a thread out there.

Call your dealer and get a quote. Make sure you have your hull ID

Do a forum search for aluminum underskinning. All kinds of stuff comes up.....

Last edited:
Back