2014 Club Bennington Invitational

Ok simple question. I have never been to one of these events, So is this a casual dress event ?? B)

And looking forward to meeting all of you.. :rolleyes:
Yes, also, if you are boating, dress appropriately.

Casual attire is fine. It's def not a hootey tootey black tie function. :)

Word on the street is there is a very impressive QCW, bring your checkbooks, and maybe a defibrillator!

Alright folks, I'm starting to get the twitch!! Who will be the first to put some pictures up?? Come on everyone help a brother out!! The suffering is intolerable!!

Looking forward to tomorrow. Only 2 hour drive to get there from Chicago visiting the new grandson. The 4 hours home won't be as much fun. I need to stay away from the 8.2l I/O. :eek:

Alright folks, I'm starting to get the twitch!! Who will be the first to put some pictures up?? Come on everyone help a brother out!! The suffering is intolerable!!
Hopefully, I'll try to get a few again this year. Unfortunately, I can only attend the morning due to a death in the family, so won't get pics up until at least Monday.

Hopefully, I'll try to get a few again this year. Unfortunately, I can only attend the morning due to a death in the family, so won't get pics up until at least Monday.
Family comes first my friend! I'll look at last year's brochure to hold me over! Interested in what this Vapor graphic is too.

Hey Derrick, they have a new tower :ph34r:

Hehe, I actually already saw it, I still like mine. But that StanCraft might give WoodenPontoon ideas!! It's a beauty! I'm guessing that must be the Vapor graphics on the Blackout boat?

What a great day for the Club Event today. Great boat rides, factory tours, door prizes, food and interaction with the good folks at BM. The BM swag bags were full of goodies, too!

Folks, I want to emphasize what a big deal this event is. It costs BM tens of thousands of dollars to hold this one day event, when you tally up the additional venue rental, the staff salaries and wages, the catering, the swag, the fuel for the boats, etc. It is a first class event and very few marine manufacturers hold these events and maybe no other pontoon manufacturer

Now, it is true that the participation in this year's event was ten-fold from last year's (the first). However, as an owners' group, we need to step it up. First, thank Team Bennington for your experience. Next, politely ask them to hold a third event and pick a date early so that folks can make travel arrangements. Lastly, attend the (presumed) event next year and encourage others to participate. Another ten-fold increase makes the investment pay off.

Will you agree to help get 250 owners to the 2014 (presumed) event. I think BM has the capacity to handle a crowd this size (if Derrick shows up and behaves). If not, Team Bennington will chime in, but I think they can.

I'm not being dramatic, it's time for us as an owners' group to get behind BM and make this an industry standard, just like our boats.

Comments?

Well said Goldenrod, well said !!!!! :)

We thought the show was great and plan on attending next year. It would be nice to have a table/area set up so forum members can meet one another. I didn't want to just walk up to people and ask them for their forum name!! I was also bummed we didn't get a chance to do the factory tour. There is always next year!! Thanks again TB for the goodies and the ride on the lake!

They should have name tags that say "Hello, my name is...... But my forum friends call me......." might save some awkward moments! Cuz if I can make it next year, I want to make SURE I meet some of/all of the "funny" people on here! I'll be easy to spot, I'll be the guy in a toque! Hahaha actually, that would probably be too hot!

I just hand wrote it on my name tag.

Oh sure Tom, choose the easy route!! I thought you Americans were the ones that spent millions of dollars designing a pen that could write in zero gravity outer space!! Everyone else just used a pencil. Hehe you have a good point though.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should have name tags that say "Hello, my name is...... But my forum friends call me......." might save some awkward moments! Cuz if I can make it next year, I want to make SURE I meet some of/all of the "funny" people on here! I'll be easy to spot, I'll be the guy in a toque! Hahaha actually, that would probably be too hot!
Is there an application process for getting on the "funny" list? Is it based on actual humor or looks? I think I might have both covered!

I just hand wrote it on my name tag.
When were you there Tom. We got there around 10:30 and stayed around for an hour and a half talking to the Michigan rep before heading out to the water tests

Oh don't worry Andy, you're there! I said to myself after first messaging you, "that guy seems a little......funny"

Back