2016 SLXP

Fence Man

Reaction score
This is my first boat and I bought it to boat in New York on the finger lakes. This year we started boating in Delaware on the bay. Looking at other pontoon boats that say saltwater edition,
I don’t see any difference between my boat and there’s. Is the SXLP a salt water prepared boat?

Also I noticed that other boats have drain plugs in the back of the pontoons and i don’t. Is that something that Bennington doesn’t hav?

As a specific model, the SLXP (P = Premium) doesn't have a saltwater package. The way that you will know you have that optional package is if your strakes (horizontal stabilizers on the tubes) are closed in on the ends. This prevents water from getting inside those strakes. You might also spot some sacrificial anodes (zincs) attached to the hull. IIRC, there also was a sticker affixed to the boat up by the Bennington emblem that says, "Saltwater Edition."

Also, there indeed are no drain plugs in your tubes. In the unlikely event that water must be drained from a tube, a tiny hole needs to be drilled and filled after the water is drained out.

Welcome to the club. As a fellow owner of a 2016 21' SLPX (see sig below) I am certain you will really enjoy your new boat.

Back