2017 21 slx captain's chair pedestal.

jcbecker28

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but we have bought a new to us 21 slx. As the front of the pontoon rises pretty dramatically, even when fully trimmed down, I am having a problem seeing over the front of the boat right in front of it. I would like to install a taller/ adjustable pedestal.

My question is, does the springfield pole come out of the floor separately from the mount and how do you take the chair off of the pole? I don't want to mess things up. I have loosened up the black knob to take the seat off and it won't budge. It does come off, correct? I can lube it and get if off if it comes off. The same for the pole in the base.

Thanks.

If I remember correctly a bolt in the front and rear of the sliding bracket also act as the stop so you can't slide the seat off the track. Remove the correct front bolt and the seat slides off. I'm not sure about how the pedestal and the floor mount comes apart.

If you loosen the knob the seat should swivel and loosen all the way will slide off. As for the base and post, they are one piece. The base is bolted through the deck with nuts and washers. It's pretty much a 2 man operation and easier if you don't have underskinning.

Welcome Back, Carl

Thanks Bruce. I have a long road ahead.

Luckily it happened at the end of boating season and you're still around to talk about it. My Grandpa died at 62 of a massive heart attack. You're lucky.

I tackled this on this past weekend. I bought a springfield adjustable pedestal. I took out the guts and fastened it to the pedestal the boat came with. I have the underskinning. It wasn't too bad and it took about an hour to do it. I can now see over the front as this raised the seat 7".

I have a 21 slx as well. I would like to raise the seat. You said your solution was pretty easy. Can anyone do it or do you have to be crafty?

I tackled this on this past weekend. I bought a springfield adjustable pedestal. I took out the guts and fastened it to the pedestal the boat came with. I have the underskinning. It wasn't too bad and it took about an hour to do it. I can now see over the front as this raised the seat 7".

I was curious what model Springfield did you buy? Also, is it easy to adjust on the fly like coming in to dock?

I’d like to get a replacement seat for my SLXP with a folding front bolster that I could lean against... anyone know how to find one?

Pretty easy.
JCBECKER28,
Any chance you could give us the model # of the adjustable pedestal you purchased and where ?
I’m 6-4 and the fixed pedestal is to low for me. I end up sitting on a couple throwable floats.

Thank you

Back