2017 22 SL Navigation Light (bulb?)

I have a different light on my 2014 SFX but I had to take the whole plastic housing apart as well as take a screw out of the nav light that went into the decking. But that was only on one side, the other side light was just bolted to the plastic housing and not screwed to the deck. Once unbolted and unscrewed the light came apart fairly easily and it takes a festoon replacement bulb. Wasn’t really thrilled with the “engineering” of the light install. I ended up replacing both with LED’s after the 2nd time the dealer fixed it, but didn't. I have found that even though it’s under warranty, you are better off handling some of the small stuff yourself. It saves time.

This is really great info. Just bought a 2015 SSRX. Found out the NAV lights weren’t working and tried to take the mounting screws out to get to the bulb. I too was able to get the outer wood screw out but the inner screw was a machine screw. I looked under the deck but couldn’t see a nut to hold to unscrew. Has anyone replaced with another wood screw?

I found that it was just corrosion on the contacts. Cleaned it off and the lights work now. Reinstalled the housing but that machine screw isn’t catching anything. I’ll have to go back and see if I can locate the nut to tighten it back down. If I can’t, it’ll either be replaced with a wood screw or a longer bolt and washer that can be easily accessed from the underside for future replacement.

What a pain!

I got tired of dealing with it and just used the one wood screw and left the other one.

I know this is a dated thread but I found this post and it was helpful. I'm a 2018 Bennington 22SLX owner. It has the corner plastic moldings that hold the dock AND nav lights. Green/starboard light was out. It took a while to realize that the entire light fixture needed to be lifted high enough to get to the three aluminum screws underneath so the top and bottom would separate, providing access to the bulb. Poor design but there seems to be enough slack in the wiring but it seemed like a hard pull. I suppose one could remove or loosen the corner molding (tan on mine), that might make getting the wire slack easier. Anyway, there are three screws on the bottom. Once you have access this is an easy job. Turns out my bulb was good...small amount of corrosion must have blocked the connection. My bulb was clear, incandescent. I will order some replacement bulbs to have on hand. Thanks all for the helpful post...Mark

Back