2017 22GSR new build

Mike31406

Reaction score
I would like to start by thanking all of you that helped me get to this point.  I have been reading this forum for over a year now.  We were not in any hurry to purchase new as we still have a nephews Bennington on our lift with full access.  He has used it less than 5 times in the past 3 years.  But all good things must come to an end so we put down a deposit on the following with boat show pricing.  Shrink wrap was removed just before my wife and I saw it last Saturday.  It is not equipped exactly as I would have wanted but I couldn't pass up the deal.

22GSR, Yamaha 150, power steering, sps, midnight black (no accent), canvas also black, napa beige, seagrass beige full floor, kmc 10 radio, elevated helm, stainless steel Corvina steering wheel, ottoman w/cooler, interior accent Tuscan Dune, pillow top diamond pressed upholstery upgrade, bow gate seat, battery single switch, ski tow bar, rgb lighting and panel exchange with fish graph, rgb cup holder lighting.

free 5 yr Yamaha yes engine warrenty

free engine cover

free go boating kit

free delivery

stainless steel reliance SDS prop

23% off of msrp

Don't take delivery until mid April, will post pictures then

What do you think?  Thanks again for your help, without it we probably would have purchased a 115 SHO pontoon w/strakes and hydraulic steering plus.  I think our 7 grands might enjoy the 150 more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great boat!

Welcome to the "club" and thanks for sharing your excitement! Sounds like a nice build and one that you'll be very pleased with. Remember to post pics and good luck sleeping...

Sounds sweeeet! Welcome to the family!

Nice toon. I love our SPS setup. Handles like a dream.

Sounds like a great boat!! Pics are a must! Congratulations! Welcome to the club!

Congratulations on your new Bennington! Great build and you're going to love SPS.

Congrats -- looks like a great boat!

Sounds like a pretty good set up there! What would you have ordered in options that the boat did not have? Welcome to the club. And I know you'll enjoy the boat.

Thanks for all the responses.  In reply to above, I would not have selected black with no accent and the ottoman, although my wife has plans for it already.  I would have ordered flag and sharkskin (added them yesterday,) heavy duty rub rail,  recliner upgrade, duel battery (may add later), and stainless docking lights.

Other than the heavy duty rub rail, for a little (?) $$$, you can always add those other items down the road. You could also do an aftermarket rub rail. Bennington uses different corner castings for rub rail vs. no rub rail if you want that "factory" look.. 

If you do a lot of docking you might want to consider at least the heavy duty rub rail.  We have the stainless and even though I've gotten a little better at docking the rub rail has saved us from some damage.  The stainless docking lights look awesome but members here think the plastic housing models put out more light......never had the plastic ones so I can't say.

The sharkhide has made cleanup of our toons a whole lot easier throughout the year.  Granted we are on a lift under a roof but the toons do get a watermark on them from use.  All it takes is a quick wipe down with a soft or microfiber towel at the sand bar and we are good as new.....3 years of use and we barely have any staining of the tubes.  

How exciting for you!  Sounds like a great set up.  We have an SPS on order ourselves, but everyone says it drives and rides like a dream.  Here's to a fantastic upcoming summer.  I cannot wait to see pictures of your new pontoon when you get it.

Thanks again to all of you.  I currently have less than a foot of water under my lift.  This would not have been unusual a month ago, but a continued lack of rain .......Wouldn't it be bad to have a brand new Bennie at the dealer but unable to take delivery due to low water levels.  We are on Lake Greenwood, South Carolina.

Yikes! I'd be tempted to run a hose from the house... :)

Welcome to the 150 club.  You won't be sorry. 

Back