2017 22ssx premium ladder issue

Cbmorris7416

Reaction score
Looking for some help....my ladder got ripped off (long story involving grandchildren) and now I'm looking for a replacement but everything I've found is the straight and not curved because toon sticks out....any ideas.
Thanks

Contact dealer??

Start calling other dealers til you find one willing to give a fair deal. There isn't anything saying you have to use the nearest dealer or the one you bought the boat from.

The curved boarding ladder is only a $140 option per Benningtons build and price page.! Them asking $600 seems a bit ridiculous. A call to Bennington to speak to a regional rep might not be a bad idea either and I'd probably mention that dealer...

Start calling other dealers til you find one willing to give a fair deal. There isn't anything saying you have to use the nearest dealer or the one you bought the boat from.

The curved boarding ladder is only a $140 option per Benningtons build and price page.! Them asking $600 seems a bit ridiculous. A call to Bennington to speak to a regional rep might not be a bad idea either and I'd probably mention that dealer...

It’s a $140 option IN PLACE of the stock one so the $600 is based on a complete ladder, not just an upgrade to the stock unit. Try to buy a wheel for a Corvette ... not worth $1000 but that’s what you’ll pay. No different.

I realize that the $140 is on top of the base ladder price. Go look around online at swim ladders and you can find a slew of nice ladders for under $300. Some even with teak platforms or some in stainless. So at $600 I'm still saying the dealer is trying to stick it to him...

And those ladders are not engineered to fit or work perfectly on a Bennington. They’ll work, but not bolt right up and be supported as Benningtons design. I agree, I’d check around, but just because a dealer wants to make a couple bucks doesn’t mean he’s trying to stiff someone, just a poor business decision on his pricing policy. We have 2 Mopar dealers locally. One sells aftermarket parts at roughly 10-20% over cost, the other, probably MSRP. Guess who sells more parts ....

And those ladders are not engineered to fit or work perfectly on a Bennington.

Obviously they ain't made to fit. Point is those ladders are just as nice as a Bennington ladder at 1/2 the price. Bennington doesn't make ladders out of anything special and there is no reason whatsoever for a $600 ladder of that style period.

Back