2017 R Series with a Q Bow...

TwoTone

Reaction score
Somewhere in Cabo... or Central Oregon...
I've never seen a Q Bow on anything but a Q Series...

Is this legit?

Dealer says it's a 2017 Bennington 27RCWX2

1576617946360.png

Looks like it says Q27 on the side. Think the dealer misstated model number.

Bad pic on my part...

It does say R27...

And I asked him specifically about it...

Says it a R not a Q...

That's a one of a kind, custom hybrid that Bennington made to trick Derrick into buying another boat....

I remember seeing that boat advertised when we were looking 3+ months ago and if I remember correctly it was at one of the very large Bennington dealers in MN. I know Bennington does some custom stuff and I would think the dealers that do very significant volume will be more likely to see their “custom” requests fulfilled, whether it be a customer request or a variant they would like to stock. They have their finger on the pulse of customer requests that the manufacturer doesn’t offer and I love the fact they try to do something different, outside the normal order packages/options. I’ve wanted to custom configure options on performance vehicles I’ve ordered in the past and there is no chance of getting a major auto manufacturer (outside of some of the really high end stuff) to do any one-off variants, unfortunately.

I tried to get R loungers in the front of my G, big NO GO... actually my dealer said they might do it, but with the custom upcharge cost, I’d be cheaper buying an R ... which was not in our budget at the time. I still am trying to talk wife into a swing back ... still another BIG NO... :p

About $40k.

what's the difference between an R and a Q other than the angled bow?

It's my understanding that the only real difference is the Bow...

I went from a G to a Q and skipped the R all together...

That's a one of a kind, custom hybrid that Bennington made to trick Derrick into buying another boat....
Well my last one was a unicorn, 2014 2275 RCW Sport Tower in Crimson Red!

In 2014 they stopped the Crimson Red, and stopped offering the Sport Tower on a 22'! Man I miss that boat sitting in my driveway! Haha

Back