2018 115hp Mercury FourStroke Trim Relay Problem

Reaction score
Went out this weekend with the new boat, 16hrs now on motor, launched fine, and after getting out to open water discovered I could not trim motor up. I called the mechanic at our dealer and he thought it may be a bad relay on the trim. He was able to walk me through how to override and get motor back up, but to say the least I was VERY annoyed. Has anyone else experienced a problem like this with their Mercury? Other brands doing this? Should this be covered under warranty? Irritating to have a boat less than 4 months and already having issues like this. Is there something I could be doing to cause premature wear or issues? Thanks for any advise.

Yes, very annoying but it should be covered by your warranty. Give your salesperson a call and get it fixed.

Yes, that is very annoying but...unfortunately these things happen even when new. Just be glad your dealer's mechanic was available and able to talk you through it for now. Some dealers are not so helpful and would just tell you to load it up and bring it to them. My dealer once sent a mechanic to my marina, after-hours, to fix a warranty issue. And yes, your problem should definitely be covered under warranty.

One good thing is you learned something new that could definitely help you or someone else out of a jam later on!

No issues with either of my yamahas!!:D

Back