Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

2018 20 sl Wiring / switches

Discussion in 'Owners Chat: Options and Upgrades' started by Ed Cook, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Ed Cook

Ed Cook New Member

added led under deck lights to my 20sl and I have a livewell and accessories switch that turns on nothing but are wired to the wiring harnesses. Does anyone know what accessory goes to these switches
    Thanks

2. cwag911

cwag911 Moderator

Sometimes you have extra switches if you don't have what they're used for.

3. Mike D

Mike D Member

I have the same extra switch's and yes, they went no where. I used one of mine for the LED lighting too, but cant tell if there is an inline fuse or not (waiting for a fuse holder to come in the mail and will add it. I ended up adding some 12v led lights to the cup holders in the helm with an RF remote. Remote has a circular spin wheel to go through whatever color I want. I also added LED light rings behind the speakers so now I have LED behind the speakers and inside the cup holders. MUCH cheaper than having the boat built with it.

Anyone run new wiring under their deck? I ran some wiring but couldn't get it inside a plastic housing like factory. Is it going to just deteriorate fast and be useless, or will it be ok? TO me, the black housing the factory uses looks like a cosmetic housing and not a protector from the elements. Thoughts?

4. cwag911

cwag911 Moderator

There aren't inline fuses, there are circuit breakers by the switches. Your wiring will be fine without the black conduit.

5. Mike D

Mike D Member

my oh my....i think ive been doing to many tweaks to the boat. i totally forgot that the switches have them built in. I had to redo the GPS inline fuse and then that was stuck in my mind that all +12v lines would have it....my bad. thank you for clearing.

Forgot to mention, I'm on salt water...wiring is still good without conduit?

cwag911 likes this.