2018 22SSRX/P build options

One other comment on the elevated helm. I realize it's too late for you but others might benefit...

I don't have an elevated helm, but I get that it would make visibility over front passengers a big plus. That said, I am still young enough that I can just stand up and steer when greater visibility is needed (like when approaching the dock).

A question for those that have it, do you ever stub your toes on it? Or is it enough out of the way?

Thanks all for the valuable feedback. Here’s where I currently stand; likely to place the order next week if I can get pricing lined up favorably.

2018 22SSRXP

Exterior - Ocean Blue w/ Champagne accent

Yamaha F200XB

SPS

Power Steering

In-Floor Storage

Extended Aft Deck

Pillowtop Diamond Pressed Upholstery (Napa Beige with Tuscan Dune accent)

GPS Speedo

Dock Lights in LED Stainless Housing

Heavy Duty Rub Rail

Pop up Cleats (Bow and Aft)

Battery Dual w/ Switch

Adjustable Height Pedestal Helm Seat

Ski Tow Bar

Woven Vinyl Beige Full Flooring

Striker 4 Fish Graph

Kicker Speaker Upgrade

Sharkhide

What do you think?? It feels like I said yes to pretty much everything (except the bow gate seat and elevated helm), and increased the original budget as a result, but as Mike and others have encouraged me, I’m trying to buy my last boat first!

Thanks again for all the help! Can’t wait for boating season to get here!

I'm about to buy a similar boat, but wrestling with the age old question. F150 or F200? Looking at a 23 SSRX with the SPS package. It will be just myself and wife about 60% of our use, but will tube or ski a few times each year with two to 4 more people on board. The 3,500 extra buck is doable, but is it necessary for my use? My biggest criteria is being able to cruise 25-30 mph at no more than 3/4 throttle for just the two of us. What to do?

Go with the 200 . It is much less now than to upgrade later .
After 1 season ,with a 150 ,I wanted the 200 . Dealer offered a good price on a trade .Then we found out that the 200 required digital controls and made it cost prohibitive .

Lane, what brand motor does your dealer sell?

That’s a great motor, just make sure if you’re looking for performance make sure you get the correct model/series. I’m sure there’s someone very well educated about the different options on the Yamaha’s. I’m an e-tec guy so I’d be little help! ;)

I think you can get away with the 150 for your stated uses. You’d be able to do everything you mention. If saving the extra $ is essential, then sure, stick with the 150hp. The 150’s are a good motor. However....

You absolutely cannot go wrong with the 200hp for water sports! It’s also going to cruise in your desired mph range with less throttle and rpm than the 150hp, which is less stress on your motor over the years.

My way of thinking is this: if the upgrade to the 200hp doesn’t break the budget, then 100% do it. It’s going to give better hole shot power, lower throttle at cruising speed, better upper end speed if caught in inclement weather or during an emergency, and a little bigger smile every time you look at “200” on your engine case. :D

Thanks Vikingstaff - I think the extra $$ for the 200 will be well worth it. Once you get above a certain threshold, a few thousand more is absorbed in the payment with minimal pain. I needed a little confirmation from people who've had the experience with both horsepower ranges. I appreciate the input from everyone. Will finalize the deal next week.

One other comment on the elevated helm. I realize it's too late for you but others might benefit...

I don't have an elevated helm, but I get that it would make visibility over front passengers a big plus. That said, I am still young enough that I can just stand up and steer when greater visibility is needed (like when approaching the dock).

A question for those that have it, do you ever stub your toes on it? Or is it enough out of the way?

Never have. One of the best things about the elevated helm, is simply the helm! The added space under the helm was great to be able to still fit my sub and stereo gear and STILL fit a big cooler under there too!

Never have. One of the best things about the elevated helm, is simply the helm! The added space under the helm was great to be able to still fit my sub and stereo gear and STILL fit a big cooler under there too!

I hadn't thought about the extra storage space. That's pretty huge. I feel like I'm ripping life jackets out of there with the door being small. That would be a nice benefit.

Due to its size I store my playpen cover under the elevated helm however the reason I like it the most is definitely due to the classy looks. The standard helm does not compete with the elevated helm, I always thought for marketing reasons the elevated helm should be the standard helm on all Benningtons.
upload_2018-2-4_6-57-24.png

Last edited:

I have never "stubbed my toes " on the elevated helm either . Would never purchase another boat without one .I would like to see Dual Elevated Helms on the windscreen models .

And plus 1 and the Power Steering

I don't see the raised helm offered as an option on the QX boats when I use the Bennington boat builder. Just recliner helm seats with bolster.
Is it still offered on new builds? Maybe just not on the Q series.

I don't believe you can do a bolster seat or elevating seat along with an elevated helm. That being said, per above with the storage and AWESOME looks of the R / Q elevated helm we wouldn't ever consider another option.

It also angles in towards aft. 3 years in, nobody has ever stubbed their toe or tripped on ours.

Back