2018 22SSXAPGP Seat Covers Suggestions

OCBennington

Reaction score
Hey All,

My family just took delivery of a 2018 Bennington 22SSXAPGP Fishing Series. I was wondering if anyone had any information on seat covers for the chairs so we do not have to put the full cover on all the time. Have the deluxe Bass Seat upgrade and Captains Chair and privacy enclosure area. Sunset Red with Sandstone Interior.

Located on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Out of curiosity OCB... Will your boat be under a covered lift, hoist, car port on a trailer, etc...? The ease of seat covers is appealing, but the full cover really isn’t difficult, and it covers the entire interior. Thus protecting flooring, some of the railings etc... from the sun, rain, bugs, birds, etc...

I'm right up the road in Dewey with a 20SFX. I have the individual seat covers and a cover for the helm. My flooring is just a vinyl covering, so it doesn't need a lot of protection. Although the playpen cover isn't difficult to put on, the individual covers are easier and cover the important parts. I am in an uncovered slip and I always rinse everything with fresh water then cover the individual parts. I am very happy with just using the individual covers.

Out of curiosity OCB... Will your boat be under a covered lift, hoist, car port on a trailer, etc...? The ease of seat covers is appealing, but the full cover really isn’t difficult, and it covers the entire interior. Thus protecting flooring, some of the railings etc... from the sun, rain, bugs, birds, etc...

I completely understand that the full cover protects but (it is new) crawling around to get it secured and crawling out the back when the side door is inaccessible because of the lift it is very difficult.

I'm right up the road in Dewey with a 20SFX. I have the individual seat covers and a cover for the helm. My flooring is just a vinyl covering, so it doesn't need a lot of protection. Although the playpen cover isn't difficult to put on, the individual covers are easier and cover the important parts. I am in an uncovered slip and I always rinse everything with fresh water then cover the individual parts. I am very happy with just using the individual covers.
Hey, Do you have a suggestion for who you got your covers from?

John - new to this. sorry if this is a repeat:
BTW John - Kevin Here. My family (Mom and Dad) are in Ocean City. Just trying to get some info for them and the seat covers. Yours look nice

Kevin, I bought the boat used and the previous owner had the covers made, so I don't know exactly where they are from but I'm sure Short's or any dealer can suggest a canvas shop. The shop I use is in Dewey called Colliers Trim Shop, they have been around as long as I can remember. I am sure there are others down your way.
I find that the playpen cover is easy enough to put on when you can access all around the outside. So in my slip it is not that easy. I've also read that you can have a zipper put in the playpen cover that makes it easier to put on. I'm good with the individual seat covers. Hope this helps.

Individual covers? - We have the same model Bennington as you and are looking for individual covers. Can you recommend a business where to purchase them from?

Back