2018 23SSBXP Sharks Hyde coating - Tritoons turning black

Better results than I got with my dealer AND Bennington. I have an area that is either some issue with the aluminum OR the sharkhide. It was there when I got the boat new. Bennington reps blew it off and denied warranty coverage. NEVER communicate WHY it was denied even after multiple request for “why” by me.

Irks me every time I hear how “good” or “easy” it is to have Bennington take care of a problem. Their customer service rep Dave Fine was not timely in replying to my inquiries and never never clearly informed me WHY my claim denied).

When I asked to speak with his supervisor that I was told denied the claim, Michael Robinson, I was told Michael would follow up with me. After a MONTH of trying to get Michael Robinson from Bennington to reply I gave up. He NEVER contacted me once.

Bennington was horrible to deal with in my case, and my situation was probably similar to yours. Count yourself lucky on them taking care of it.
I have the same issues with the Shark Hide. My dealer contacted Bennington and they said no and Shark Hide didn’t care.

Shark hide comes off with pontoon brightener acid wash and a scotch pad helps. Never buying a boat with shark hide again
NAPA aluminum brightener didn't take mine off!

Back