2018 Benny seats

bskill3t

Reaction score
Hey everyone... so anyone have any tips for how to protect and clean the new seats on our Benny’s? I’ve been boating all my life but never owned my own boat. My wife and I took the plunge and bought a 2018 25SSBXP. We have the lighter sandstone seats. I’ve read 303 products are good. What’s some good advice? Should I fabric guard them first then matain and clean with the 303 cleaner? Do you guys use water with the spray? Or just spray directly to the seats and use a light brush? I have 3 daughters.. yrs 6, 3, and 1. Thanks for any tips you guys can provide! And this is my first post!

Attachments

• 4EF4CB99-3AE5-4B2B-B5E7-02A32CDCE374.jpeg
    4EF4CB99-3AE5-4B2B-B5E7-02A32CDCE374.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 72
  • 10941D76-35E7-47AA-A086-6343F0A13C21.jpeg
    10941D76-35E7-47AA-A086-6343F0A13C21.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 68
  • E48178F7-8949-48CE-AF2C-B09552464CAF.jpeg
    E48178F7-8949-48CE-AF2C-B09552464CAF.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 69
You don’t need 303 products with Simtex seats. I just use medium scrub brush if I have some dirt and it comes right off. You’ll love these seat easy to maintain.

Last edited:
Oh really?? Nice! So don’t even need to fabric guard or anything at all huh?

Yeah thank you. I actually didn’t know the seat material was called. After seeing the response, I searched it and I’m reading all the threads. Thx!!!

Congratulation and welcome to the forum. You are going to have a great summer on you new Bennington. I used 303 products for years on our older Bennie. It was very hard not to continue onusing it with our new one last year. I do a quick wipe down with a fiber cloth and just as all squirt of Ivory dishwashing detergent, then quicker wipe down with just water. I do this a couple times a week. Of course these pesky small dots take a little more elbow grease. Unless I have had feathered visitors during the night the entire process takes less than 30 minutes. I use the cover if heavy rains are expected or if we will not be taking it out for several days, it’s on a covered lift.

Congratulation and welcome to the forum. You are going to have a great summer on you new Bennington. I used 303 products for years on our older Bennie. It was very hard not to continue onusing it with our new one last year. I do a quick wipe down with a fiber cloth and just as all squirt of Ivory dishwashing detergent, then quicker wipe down with just water. I do this a couple times a week. Of course these pesky small dots take a little more elbow grease. Unless I have had feathered visitors during the night the entire process takes less than 30 minutes. I use the cover if heavy rains are expected or if we will not be taking it out for several days, it’s on a covered lift.

A medium scrub brush and Fantastic or 409 and everything come off very easy. This is what my dealer recommended. I don’t use soap and water.

For those of us that don't have these 'fancy' seats, what do you recommend? I just have a 2012 SLX....
Like the "Mr Fancy Seats" comment:) Made me chuckle!

Hey everyone... so anyone have any tips for how to protect and clean the new seats on our Benny’s? I’ve been boating all my life but never owned my own boat. My wife and I took the plunge and bought a 2018 25SSBXP. We have the lighter sandstone seats. I’ve read 303 products are good. What’s some good advice? Should I fabric guard them first then matain and clean with the 303 cleaner? Do you guys use water with the spray? Or just spray directly to the seats and use a light brush? I have 3 daughters.. yrs 6, 3, and 1. Thanks for any tips you guys can provide! And this is my first post!
Nice boat. Congrats! With the young ones, we always had a cherry juice box ban on the boat, and a red wine ban for the adults:)

Congratulations on the new boat. Sharp looking Bennington! We use a little Ivory dish soap in water as Bennington recommends on our 2017 Semtex seats. Works great! Everything cleans up fairly easily with it.

Nice boat. Congrats! With the young ones, we always had a cherry juice box ban on the boat, and a red wine ban for the adults:)

LOL Yeah the ban has been put in place! lol Luckily for me, my little ones love drinking cold water. I did remember seeing someone on the site saying how they don't allow anyone to bring their own towels on the boat either. They bought a bunch of towels that have Bennington's logo, and only allow those towels on the boat for passengers to use. Being my first boat and neurotic about the seats, i'm sure we'll be putting towels down on the seats for the kids.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE TIPS!!! Very much appreciative!

WE use boat bling products. We use the vinyl sauce after every use and vinyl Conditioner once or twice a season! Have never had an issue!!!

Back