2019 27QX twin 300's

TomS

Reaction score
:cool::eek:

All I can say is, “Wow.”

I just don't get it. I look at it and think, is that worth 5 of mine? For me the numbers don't add up... That would be a 15 toon, 1000 hp boat that could seat 60 (and yes it will pull a skier)

I was there Saturday, saw it. Crazy

Notice how it’s only propped up at the front and rear on the outer toons?

That's an expensive piece of ego.
Reminds me of the time my wife and I were talking to the crusty old dock-master at a marina where we were renting a sailboat for the day.
A 50 foot cigarette boat with a zillion HP goes roaring past, drowning out our conversation.
When the noise drops off, the dock-master says "we call those FPE's"
Of course, we ask "what's an FPE?"
Fiberglass Penile Extensions.

Reading the spec sheet on that Q, I had to chuckle when I saw the very first item on the list of Standard Features was "2 Portable Cup Holders".
Well, there ya go! I can see why its $235k!

Last edited:
Notice how it’s only propped up at the front and rear on the outer toons?

That’s the typical support points isn’t it? That’s all I’ve ever seen. Shouldn’t matter if six inches or six feet off ground ...

There is also support stands between the toons on the floor.

Let's not forget: it's all relative...

Though that price is more than I spent on my current house, some folks enjoy things like that boat. And some are members here, so we should be careful with our comments. Many that post here have boats and options that seem ridiculous and absurd to many others of us, but we are all very different in our incomes, our priorities, etc.

So let's not be quick to slag things like this boat. What may seem extravagant to some may be a dream boat to others...

So let's not be quick to slag things like this boat. What may seem extravagant to some may be a dream boat to others...

Nobody was making fun of anybody on this forum since the boat has just become available. And if somebody does have the ability to own one of those boats, I doubt they care what any of us here think or hopefully can take the comments with humility.

I know my comments were meant in the long, time-honored tradition of a populist democracy where we tend to use humor to highlight the ostentatious display of wealth by those who pay exorbitantly more for something whose fundamental purpose is the same as something that costs a fraction as much (in this case I suspect it has the same pontoons (hopefully reinforced), pretty much the same infrastructure, functionally the same seating, etc. but humongous engines that will only be useful on a calm lake - and it had better be a big lake too!)

I wanted a pontoon boat to provide an experience for my grandkids while they're young, and that our kids likely won't be able to provide (at least for a while). I wanted a Bennington because of the reputation for quality. I admit to a touch of pride when I get favorable comments on owning a Bennington - but that is not why I bought it.

On this forum, we applaud those who build out fabulous stereo systems, or lighting, and even have big engines. But my sense of this forum is that this is a group of well-grounded, common-sense people (mostly from the Heartland) who love boating and quality boats, but don't have the kind of ego that drives the sale of cigarette boats or super-yachts.

Just my two bits...

Last edited:
WOW! 200k+ Thats more than double what I paid for my Q25. 145k more for one more motor!

SIGN ME UP!!!!! HAHA

WOW! 200k+ Thats more than double what I paid for my Q25. 145k more for one more motor!

SIGN ME UP!!!!! HAHA

It also is a 10 foot wide boat with dual engine hook up and three elliptical pontoons. I am not saying that makes it a $245k boat.

Hmmmm .... now I know what to get with next years bonus ..... a poster print of that boat ..... :D:D:D:D

And a fuel capacity of 83 gals. You could cruise for, ohhh, a couple of hours on that. I’d love to be able to spend that kind of cash for a boat like that. I wouldn’t do it, but would surely like to be able to.

When I purchased my R23 in early summer this year, it cost more than my really nice F250. But then I thought, two kids are gone with the last graduating college in May. And those two cost more than my R23, my F250 AND my house.
It's "Mom & Dad" time now. Whoop!!

That’s the way the wife and I feel, Warrior. My daughter’s college is paying her to go there, so the money that would have been going to tuition, can be spent on our enjoyment. We are the ones that helped her get where she is, so why not reap the benefits?

Back