2019 Bennington QX rail fender clips?

BStrick

Reaction score
Does anyone have a solution for a fender clip on the 2019QX? The 2016 Taylor Made clips are no longer wide enough since Bennington increased the width of the rail about 1/3". Or, is there a solution we're missing for a different way to attach fenders?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3525.JPG
    IMG_3525.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 60
That's what I use. I like 'em.

D’oh! I’d be curious why they are deviating from a default norm. I would assume there is a good reason to do so, but I’d live Bennington to chime in as to why. Stronger? More secure? More stable? Etc... There is convenience in levels of standardization, but I also get when there is a time to not standardize. Either way, at least one option shared above, so hopefully that solves it for you.

Ez Fenders +10

Hmm i just got the Taylor clips with my new boat and im going to switch to the ez fenders for sure, I’m concerned the clips can wear my rail overtime since i take them on and off when i use the boat

Hmm i just got the Taylor clips with my new boat and im going to switch to the ez fenders for sure, I’m concerned the clips can wear my rail overtime since i take them on and off when i use the boat

I have used the Taylor clips for years and have never seen any wear including on my blackout rails. But I understand your concern especially if they are used all the time.

I initially had that thought but after much use I'm convinced the Taylor Made clips won't harm a thing on my rails. I prefer the versatility to move them around versus permanently-mounting the EZ Fenders.

I did the ezfender because at times where I wanted the Taylor clips wouldn't fit due to the seat backs

I think the ezfenders and Taylor made clips are among the best two options. We went Taylor made for their flexibility. So far they have not worn out any aspect of our blackout railing (but we are only on our second summer with it).

I think for overall look/asthetic - ezfenders. For $/flexibility - Taylor made clips.

Back