2020 Boat Show Season

sjhorner9475

Reaction score
The 2020 boat show season is in full swing. I will be going to the Nashville Boat Show next weekend. Not looking to buy a new boat but I sure enjoy looking at what is new in the boating world. I can't wait. Hope to take and post some pictures.

PADS.

I always like the idea of going to a boat show. However, they are inevitably on weekends we are up north snowmobiling at our cottage during the winter months. Probably for the best anyway. It would just cause me to want to get a new boat when mine is plenty good for our uses.

Now if I retire at the end of this school year as I am considering doing, and have more time on my hands, I may need to be careful if attending any future boat shows. Too much temptation. ;)

Also going to Kansas City boat show this weekend. Not buying but love looking.

We have the Stuart boat show this weekend right next to our house. Not sure if we'll go or not.

Hello, new here and looking to potentially buying a new boat this year. I'll be going to the Boston boat next month. Has anyone purchased their boat at this show or a show in general? I've requested quotes from a couple places recently and they tell me they will offer me "better than boat show discounts" right now. Is there really much price difference before/during/after the shows? Now I haven't tried to negotiate anything but one quote had $2k for freight and $1k for prep which seems pretty high to me.

Can anyone please enlighten me?

For what its worth, i'd be looking for a relatively basic boat , 18/20' with probably a 60/70hp. Lake isn't huge so if I need any real amenities I'd just go back to my house.

Thanks

I purchased both of mine in the fall so not sure how that compares to boat show deals. I do remember one dealer claiming they throw huge deals together at their show to close deals, then when I got there for the event they were $6K more than the other dealer so I think there is some hype associated with the shows. I'm sure deals can be had but make sure you do your homework before hand.

I bought my first boat three months after seeing the boat at the boat show and I got it for the same "discounted" price that was offered at the boat show. My guess is the price you pay either at the show or not is dependent on several factors including, manufacturer, dealer, model of boat you are buying, time of year, dealer's current stock, and how good of a negotiator you are. Good luck!

Remember, discounts are “usually” better the higher the price. Lower priced S models typically are the last discounted models. There’s not as much meat on the bone. I’d say every dealers going to be different based on buying power, preorders, models, etc... Like Andy said, do your homework ...

Think I read where the Oklahoma City boat show is this weekend at the fairgrounds.
Check before you go but pretty sure my intel is reputable.

We have the Stuart boat show this weekend right next to our house. Not sure if we'll go or not.

You should go, nothing bad will happen

I'll probably have a red dot on my forehead the entire time, and if I start to sign some paperwork I'll get taken out by the wife.

I just got back from my dealer ,We just ordered # 3 .

Spill the beans!!! Congrats in advance!

now I feel pressure to get one!

I just got back from my dealer ,We just ordered # 3 .
Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing the pics once you take possession.

Nice. Sticking with SPS? The 10 year warranty is nice but if I upgraded it would cost me at least $25K down here to get something comparable. For that money I can pay to fix anything that goes bad above the deck and still be ahead. That will be nice going to the factory and seeing the build.

Thanks Steve ,we plan on going to the factory for the build
Cool! :cool:
I wish we had done that when we did our build a year ago.

Back